inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: please help...im getting melancholy and cant find this...

Written By: beebeefox on 06/08/06 at 8:42 am

i remember being a small child (i was born in 1978) probably 5-8 yrs old. being in the grocery store with my mom and sister and always getting these small boxes of cookies for being good. i believe that they were made by nabisco. i could be wrong.

the ones that i would get were little chocolate chip cookies. the box was red and white and there was a photo of the cookie on the cover with a kitty face drawn on it. i just called them "kitty cookies". i was little. what did i know :)

and my sister would get a similar box but, the cookies were small and chocolate and the box was either black and white or brown and white and also had a cat face drawn on a photo of the cookie.

if anyone knows what these were called or where i could possibly find them it would mean alot to me. my sister's 29th bday is coming up and i think it would be a really thoughful gift idea.

love,
bethany

Subject: Re: please help...im getting melancholy and cant find this...

Written By: FaultyDog on 06/08/06 at 3:53 pm

Here's what I found, using chocolate chip nabisco for a query:

http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/chocchip.jpg

...Getting hungry already? ::)

Written By: beebeefox on 06/08/06 at 4:49 pm

i just wish i couldfind them and actually buy them.. not sure if they are still made..im going to contact nabisco... :P

Written By: 80sforever on 06/08/06 at 6:26 pm

It looks like they were discontinued...http://www.nabiscoworld.com/misccontent/contactus/contact.aspx?m=cu_faqsingle&cat1=10&Faq_Question_ID=1570

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/09/06 at 2:36 am

i just wish i couldfind them and actually buy them.. not sure if they are still made..im going to contact nabisco... :P
Unfortunately, 99.9% of the foods we all loved back then will NEVER be brought back. For some reason, companies back then decided to discontinue foods we all loved. Writing to them doesn't work, and neither do petitions. People have tried for years, and it always fails. In the past 20 years, I have only seen a handful of items brought back. Choc-O-Diles, a couple others I cant think of at the moment, and once in a blue moon McDonald's will bring back the McRib sandwich. There have been countless petitions over the years for them to bring back the McDLT, but they never do it.

Written By: guest on 06/09/06 at 3:51 pm

Remember when the McRib was a tasty sloppy BBQ sauce and chewy meaty sandwich?

It went away and came back as a PORK PATTY with indentations to look like a rib and they pass this off ever January

Even Banquet tv dinners sell it that way now whichis almost compared to a pork sausage(I guess as lokng as Mc Donalds gets the sausage meat to do this with)..I want real RIB MEAT!!!! Pork OR beef!!

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/09/06 at 10:21 pm

Remember when the McRib was a tasty sloppy BBQ sauce and chewy meaty sandwich?

It went away and came back as a PORK PATTY with indentations to look like a rib and they pass this off ever January
Yes, I do remember that. Very, very sad. Also, their chicken nuggets taste nothing like they did back in the 1980's. They were expensive back then(like $4.50 for 20 nuggets) but well worth it. Now, you couldn't pay me to eat their nuggets.

Something else from the 1980's was brought back 2 weeks ago, and I forgot to mention it in my previous post: McDonald's has brought back their strawberry sundae. :D

Check for new replies or respond here...