inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: calling all 80's mtv video experts HELLLLLLLLLLP

Written By: cher22465 on 06/12/06 at 3:39 pm

This video has been driving me, my daughter and my best friend CRAZY for decades now!!!! At the beginning of the video their is a guy in a warehouse driving a forklift loaded with pallets of boxes. He has an accident while on the forklift and winds up in the hospital with three nurses in a row "shaking their shoulders " to the music. I seem to remember it was done my a guy named Mike and ???? (not Mike and the mechanics), but I could be wrong. I don't remember the song ,the tune,or anything like that, but the reason it sticks out in my mind is that one of the three nurses at the end is the spitting image of my sister and I would love to see the video again!!!!! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Cher

Subject: Re: calling all 80's mtv video experts HELLLLLLLLLLP

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/13/06 at 11:23 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

After much thought, I think I may have a glimmer, here...

BUT! I'll only give it if you want me to.
Let me know. :D

Written By: cher22465 on 06/14/06 at 7:55 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE with sugar on top!!!! This has been driving me crazy for years and years :) :) :)

Cher

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

After much thought, I think I may have a glimmer, here...

BUT! I'll only give it if you want me to.
Let me know. :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/14/06 at 1:31 pm

This sounds suspiciously like a video I once saw for Thomas Dolby.
Try him.

Written By: cher22465 on 06/14/06 at 7:05 pm

Nope hon....I looked at all of Thomas Dolby's videos on You Tube...definately not the guy or video I'm looking for but I do appreciate your help ;)
Guess I'll keep trying sighhhhhhhhh

Thanks
Cher

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/14/06 at 7:28 pm

Was this song in a movie?

I seem to recall a film called "Shock Treatment", from 1980, or 1981.
There was a band called 'Oscar Drill & the Bits', and they did a song called "Breaking Out".
The females in the band were dressed as nurses, and did a shoulder-shrugging like what you are describing.
Is this it, perchance?

Written By: cher22465 on 06/14/06 at 8:13 pm

No, it was absolutely on MTV and starts out in a warehouse with a guy on a forklift. But thanks again for the try. I've been serching videos tonight on You Tube but to no avail  :( Its becoming an obsession now as I just can't find it lol

Cher

Was this song in a movie?

I seem to recall a film called "Shock Treatment", from 1980, or 1981.
There was a band called 'Oscar Drill & the Bits', and they did a song called "Breaking Out".
The females in the band were dressed as nurses, and did a shoulder-shrugging like what you are describing.
Is this it, perchance?

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/14/06 at 11:19 pm

I have songs like that, every so often.
I call them "Quest Songs".

These are songs I've heard when I was a child maybe once or twice, and then I hear them again as an adult, and I MUST HAVE THEM!

It's been awhile, but I've had them. 8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/08/11 at 12:37 am

This video has been driving me, my daughter and my best friend CRAZY for decades now!!!! At the beginning of the video their is a guy in a warehouse driving a forklift loaded with pallets of boxes. He has an accident while on the forklift and winds up in the hospital with three nurses in a row "shaking their shoulders " to the music. I seem to remember it was done my a guy named Mike and ???? (not Mike and the mechanics), but I could be wrong. I don't remember the song ,the tune,or anything like that, but the reason it sticks out in my mind is that one of the three nurses at the end is the spitting image of my sister and I would love to see the video again!!!!! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Cher

Michael Stanley Band - He Can't Love You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G50CZ5lw2CQ

I can't take credit for this, but if you ever come back around these parts, at lesat tell us if these guys got it right in late 2007!  Forklift at 0:32, accident at 2:05, nurses dancing from 2:22 through the end of the track.

Written By: whistledog on 05/08/11 at 1:03 am

He Can't Love You is a fantastic song.  It's not MSB's best known song in the US, but it was their highest charting

Check for new replies or respond here...