inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mr. Boogedy (1986 made-for-TV movie)

Written By: Ebontyne on 06/21/06 at 12:30 pm

Does anyone else remember this flick or its sequel Bride of Boogedy? I would absolutely love to see these movies again - because although they made an impression on me as a kid, I don't remember any details. Well, I remember one... I seem to recall the mother character trying to fight off a possession by an evil spirit; her struggle is evident in the way she interchangeably screams "BOOGEDY" and then forces a smile and says "Just kidding!" Obviously, these movies didn't have a very serious tone. They were made for TV by Disney and were of the comical horror variety that is suitable for children; nonetheless, they scared both me and my best friend as children, and that's the main reason we still remember them. ;)

You can read more about Mr. Boogedy and see some screenshots here:

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/334/

(I don't actually remember if I saw both movies or just one - nor do I remember which one, though the scene I described sounds like it could be Bride of Boogedy.)

Subject: Re: Mr. Boogedy (1986 made-for-TV movie)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/21/06 at 12:43 pm

dude, I totally remember those 2 movies....I remember they would show them on the "Disney Sunday Movie" on TV.  I wish I could see them again.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/21/06 at 12:46 pm

OMG, yes I do! lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/02/06 at 11:34 pm

Boogedy, Boogedy, Boogedy!!!!!  :o AGhghghgghhh!!!!

Written By: WembleyBooberGobo on 12/10/06 at 1:15 pm

Boogedy, Boogedy, Boogedy!!!!!  :o AGhghghgghhh!!!!
You can see clips of this movie on YouTube. I was so happy to see it again after all these years. I think its hard to buy. Very few copies around.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/10/06 at 1:16 pm

You can see clips of this movie on YouTube. I was so happy to see it again after all these years. I think its hard to buy. Very few copies around.

cool...I'll have to check it out! ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...