inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Better Version of Take on Me?

Written By: Donnie Darko on 06/23/06 at 1:47 pm

I'd say the video version. The way it ends is more emotional.

Subject: Re: Better Version of Take on Me?

Written By: rare80s on 06/24/06 at 1:36 am

That song brings me back to the feel of the '80s, hearing that song throughout my '80s childhood, on the radio (Casey Kasem's Top 40,  etc.) and on MTV (or was it VH1). That song is way up there for me in '80s nostalgia.

Written By: Trimac20 on 06/24/06 at 4:03 am

I've only heard the original single version and the cover by Reel Big Fish. The latter wasn't too bad, actually.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/24/06 at 9:28 pm

I've only heard the original single version and the cover by Reel Big Fish. The latter wasn't too bad, actually.

The album and video versions are the exact same, except for the endings. On the single version, after the line "I'll be gone, in-a-duuuuuuuuuu" ( ;D ), it fades out, whereas, on the video mix, it has an instrumental, violen-like, softer ending.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/06 at 1:25 am

That one, I gotta hear!
:D

I think I agree with Donnie about the video version, especially when you're watching the video...

Written By: namilliron on 06/25/06 at 8:58 pm

That one, I gotta hear!
:D

I think I agree with Donnie about the video version, especially when you're watching the video...

There was also a punk rock cover by MxPx on a 1995 all-covers album.

Check for new replies or respond here...