inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Leggo My Eggo Advertisements

Written By: nerd on 06/24/06 at 12:44 pm

Have I completely lost it or did they use to have commercials for Eggo waffles where they had random shaped blobs around the edges so that you could 'identify' 'your' own personal Eggo?  This was all part of the 'Leggo my Eggo' campaign.  I'm not sure if this was in the 80s or 90s
Please, someone else tell me they remember this.  My wife (who remembers every commercial she ever saw) thinks I'm nuts.

Subject: Re: The Leggo My Eggo Advertisements

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/24/06 at 8:35 pm

You must have a very happy marriage if this is the kind of thing you and the missus argue over!

Yes, I remember the "L'eggo My Eggo" campaign and the individually identifiable lumps.
"Leggo my Eggo" dates at least as far back as the 1970s. I think the lumps were an '80s gimmick, not sure. I have not yet succeeded in finding out what year they started using the "Leggo" campaign, and though I haven't heard it in many years, as long as Eggos are around, "Leggo my Eggo" might come back. The Kellogg's waffle brand itself debuted in 1936.
Mind you, this doesn't mean you aren't nuts. In fact, you might want to sign yourself in for observation.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/fz2%20007.jpg

"Homestyle," that is, Battle Creek, Michigan, home of the Kellogg's corporation.

Subject: Re: The Leggo My Eggo Advertisements

Written By: nerd on 06/26/06 at 9:42 am

ah-HA!
Ok marital bliss restored.  Do you remember what these 'blobby sided' waffles were called?  I've done extensive web searching and can't find a mention of them, but then again I can't remember what they were called.

Check for new replies or respond here...