inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Memories from 80s songs

Written By: Irwin R. Handleman on 06/27/06 at 11:46 am

What are some 80s songs that bring back good memories for you and why? :)

Tiffany's I think we're alone now brings back great memories for me.  When that song came out, i bought the 45, which turned into a fold out poster, which of course i tacked up on my wall 8)

Subject: Re: Memories from 80s songs

Written By: Davester on 06/27/06 at 12:26 pm

Sara - Starship (high school dances)
  Be Near Me - ABC (friend's birthday party, Dec. '85)
  Call Me - Go West (high school dances)
  Sleeping Bag - ZZ Top (delivering my paper route while listening to my Walkman...)

This list can go on and on and on and on but I won't put you through it... :P

Written By: whistledog on 06/27/06 at 12:48 pm

Stay With Me - Tu
- Used to hear this song all the time when I'd go roller skating at the now closed roller rink

Push It - Salt N' Pepa
- Used to hear this song all the same roller rink

I Want A New Drug - Huey Lewis and the News
- I was never allowed to listen to this one, so naturally I listened to it all the time.  lol

Winter Games - David Foster
- Watching the Calgary '88 Olympics with my parents

Wave Babies - Honeymoon Suite
- The video for it was filmed at Sandbanks Beach in Picton Ontario, a place I used to go to all the time.  Cause of this, I used to hear this song all thet ime whenever I'd go to the beach

Written By: the OlLine Rebel on 06/27/06 at 2:59 pm

Alot of (hit) songs from '85.  Partly because I taped the top 100 that year (Casey Kasem) and somewhere it still exists, so I really remember it better than others.  Also probably because a) my dog was growing up and I was training her and preparing for shows and b) I changed my style that Summer to pseudo-punk, spiked hair and eye-catching clothing; I was immersed in the decade!  I listened to radio alot in HS, listened to the top 40 every week.  1 of my favorites was DeBarge and "Who's Holding Donna Now", made extra poignant now as I post-humously remember that most-beloved dog whose name rhymed with "Donna".

Written By: wndysbg on 06/28/06 at 3:34 pm

Boys of Summer - Don Henley - words of which changed my life forever

Take a  look at me now - Phil  Collins  - Senior  Prom

Never  Say Goodbye - Bon Jovi  - perfect description of my friends and I in high school

AND the list could go on and on, but I doubt you want to read it.

Music is a big part of my life and SO many events and people in my life have a song "tied" to them that will always remind me of them or of that place.  I'm sure we all have that certain song that can instantly take us back to a time, a place or a person the moment we hear the opening notes.  :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 06/29/06 at 1:36 am

"Sledgehammer"- Peter Gabriel (Played @ my Junior Prom)

"Ain't This The Life?"- Oingo Boingo (played @ the best party I ever attended)

"Mr. Roboto"- Styx (Inspired me to read Isaac Asimov)

"She's A Beauty"- The Tubes (I actually used this song as an audition for them.)

"Do Ya Wanna Touch? (O, Yeah)- Joan Jett & the Balckhearts (Playing on "the first time")

"Sugar Walls"- Sheena Easton (Same reason as above)

"You're No Different"- Ozzy Osbourne (Words that now reflect my attitude towards society!)

Check for new replies or respond here...