inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Clothes

Written By: cheerbugbite on 06/28/06 at 10:50 am

I have to wear 80's clothes for something but I was born in the 90's i have no idea what accesories to wear!! (oh and we're not allowed to wear jewelry & i have to wear my uniform i just need to know some accesories)

Subject: Re: 80's Clothes

Written By: karen on 06/28/06 at 11:06 am

So you have to wear school uniform and accessorise it to look 80s without using jewellery.  There's a challenge.

slouch socks?
big bows in your hair?

more ideas here

http://www.inthe80s.com/clothes/index.shtml

Written By: cheerbugbite on 06/28/06 at 12:08 pm

Thanks for that! Let me better explain my self we can wear other clothes but we have to wear our uniform we can wear leggings under it we can roll socks we can have headbands but actually this is for cheerleading camp and they won't let us wear jewelry! Please I NEED LOTS OF HELP! Can someone tell me what kind of make up to wear? thanks
Cady Marie ;D

Written By: Gis on 06/29/06 at 5:58 am

Very bright eyeshadow and mascara like bright blue mascara and bright blue eyeliner.It would be worth you checking out pictures of pop stars from the 80's to give you an idea.Like Madonna or Whitney Houston.

Written By: karen on 06/29/06 at 7:09 am

Twilight Teaser lipstick was v trendy in the early 80s in the UK.  Not available elsewhere.  It was a sort of glitter purpley pink, quite a pale pink.

Written By: velvetoneo on 06/29/06 at 9:19 am

Very bright eyeshadow and mascara like bright blue mascara and bright blue eyeliner.It would be worth you checking out pictures of pop stars from the 80's to give you an idea.Like Madonna or Whitney Houston.

All sorts of bangle earrings and bracelets...like look at a picture of Cyndi Lauper or something.

Written By: Gis on 06/30/06 at 3:10 am

All sorts of bangle earrings and bracelets...like look at a picture of Cyndi Lauper or something.
No accessories James !

Written By: karen on 06/30/06 at 3:42 am

If you have longish hair then you could get a length of lace and tie it around your head like a hair band.  Lacey gloves were very trendy

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/30/06 at 6:17 am

Leg warmers?

Flourescent laces in tennis shoes?

Check for new replies or respond here...