inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Name of Movie

Written By: Chairman on 06/30/06 at 2:59 pm

I have googled and entered what I remembered of its plot in IMDB, and didn't get any results. 
  Here is what I remember of the  plot. This film was set in the UK. I'm sure it was made in the 80s.  A young girl goes to live with her mean aunt ( I'm pretty sure it was her aunt) and she ends up traveling with a boy in some fantasy world.  I remember her aunt yelling at her because she didn't get the right kind of crackers at the store.This worlds  villain is a witch who lives in a dark castle ( no this is not Wizard of OZ) and she threatens to turn the boy into a bird to fly around her castle. I am not making this up. I must have been 5 or 6 when I last saw it ( 89- 90) but I'm sure it was made a couple of years before then.

Subject: Re: Name of Movie

Written By: berger on 07/02/06 at 4:51 pm

Got some help from the IMDB message boards
Is this it?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0093543/

Subject: Re: Name of Movie

Written By: Chairman on 07/03/06 at 6:04 pm

Yes!!! So the plot was a little off, but i was only 6 last time I saw it.  Oh well, maybe that boy looked like a girl to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...