inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Matt Bianco Poll

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/06 at 1:05 pm

I have always liked their cover of "Yeh Yeh" the best, but in essence, all of these songs are great :)

Subject: Re: A Matt Bianco Poll

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/06 at 1:07 pm

I enjoyed the music of Matt Bianco brief musical career, and Get Out of Your Lazy Bed stands out the most for me.

Where is he now?

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/06 at 1:29 pm

I enjoyed the music of Matt Bianco brief musical career, and Get Out of Your Lazy Bed stands out the most for me.

Where is he now?

Matt Bianco was the name of the band, and no one in the band was named Matt or Bianco ;D

They were originally known as Blue Rondo A'La Turk, and had a big UK hit in 1981 called "Me and Mr. Sanchez".  In 1985, singer Basia Trzetrzelewska and keyboardist Danny White left for a solo career, and the group continued on.  In 2003, they returned to re-form the original Matt Bianco with a new album called "Matt's Mood" which became quite popular in Japan

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/06 at 1:38 pm

Matt Bianco was the name of the band, and no one in the band was named Matt or Bianco ;D

They were originally known as Blue Rondo A'La Turk, and had a big UK hit in 1981 called "Me and Mr. Sanchez".  In 1985, singer Basia Trzetrzelewska and keyboardist Danny White left for a solo career, and the group continued on.  In 2003, they returned to re-form the original Matt Bianco with a new album called "Matt's Mood" which became quite popular in Japan

Any way, what became of Basia Trzetrzelewska and keyboardist Danny White?

Written By: Davester on 07/01/06 at 1:43 pm

She's had a very successful solo career for nearly twenty years, now...

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/06 at 2:02 pm

She went solo, and he joined her band and produced her albums.  I don't believe she was popular in the UK as a solo artist.  She had a few hits in America, the biggest of which was "Time and Tide" in 1987

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/06 at 2:03 pm

She went solo, and he joined her band and produced her albums.  I don't believe she was popular in the UK as a solo artist.  She had a few hits in America, the biggest of which was "Time and Tide" in 1987
That will explain everything being UK based.

Written By: whistledog on 07/01/06 at 2:08 pm

That will explain everything being UK based.

Here is a classic clip of Basia performing "Time and Tide" on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omRB1iPoB7o&search=Basia%20Time%20and%20Tide

Written By: Chasey on 07/11/06 at 9:32 am

I never knew they were formally Blue Rondo.  And I always thought the song was called 'Me and Mrs Thatcher'!

- Another entry for amiright.com!  :D

Written By: karen on 07/12/06 at 10:06 am

Get Out of Your Lazy Bed followed by yeh, yeh

Written By: Paul on 07/12/06 at 4:27 pm

I always liked the jazzy tones of 'Half A Minute'...should have been a much bigger hit...

Written By: karen on 07/13/06 at 3:22 am

I'd forgotten the Blue Rondo connection.

Check for new replies or respond here...