inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Popcorn Palace

Written By: Southern Image on 07/05/06 at 5:44 pm

My kettle corn thread got me to thinking about the days when you could buy all kinds of flavored popcorn.

At the mall we had a place called the Popcorn Palace. You could pick whatever flavors of popcorn you liked.

The following flavors were available

nacho
cheese
pizza
taco
jalepeno
caramel
plain
fruity
cinnamon
chocolate
nutty
vanilla
cottoncandy

and so on......

I really miss those places.

I seem to notice this might have been an 80s trend, thus the reason I posted it in here instead of the food board. ;)

Subject: Re: Popcorn Palace

Written By: whistledog on 07/05/06 at 7:42 pm

We have one here in Canada called "Kernels" which is found in shopping malls.  The one here in my city closed years ago, but there is one at the mall in a nearby city that I sometimes go to.  I love different flavours of popcorn 8)

Written By: DJ Midas on 07/05/06 at 8:07 pm

There was some place like that at the malls here too.  I think it may have been KarmelKorn.  I always begged my folks to get something from there as a kid.

My aunt used to make the caramel popcorn balls too and sometimes with flavored caramel or syrup or whatever it is.  Good stuff. :)

Written By: Greenlantern on 07/06/06 at 2:48 am

jalapeno popcorn?... :P..no thanks..hehe..I'll just stick to salt and butter! :D

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/06/06 at 11:31 am

My kettle corn thread got me to thinking about the days when you could buy all kinds of flavored popcorn.

At the mall we had a place called the Popcorn Palace. You could pick whatever flavors of popcorn you liked.

The following flavors were available

nacho
cheese
pizza
taco
jalepeno
caramel
plain
fruity
cinnamon
chocolate
nutty
vanilla
cottoncandy

and so on......

I really miss those places.

I seem to notice this might have been an 80s trend, thus the reason I posted it in here instead of the food board. ;)

IMO savoury popcorn isn't a good idea, except from butter and salt. But then again, I never really eat the flavoured pop-corn - usually just good old buttered popcorn at the movies.

Written By: Southern Image on 07/06/06 at 12:46 pm

jalapeno popcorn?... :P..no thanks..hehe..I'll just stick to salt and butter! :D

Why Mister GL, you need to live dangerously.  ;D You have no idea on what you're missing. TACO flavor was da bomb!!! But cheese is my ultimate favorite. ;)

Written By: Southern Image on 07/06/06 at 12:47 pm

IMO savoury popcorn isn't a good idea, except from butter and salt. But then again, I never really eat the flavoured pop-corn - usually just good old buttered popcorn at the movies.

Try adding some garlic powder with that salt & butter. Your taste buds will explode.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...