inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson "Thriller" music video

Written By: woops on 07/07/06 at 2:34 am

Many people consider "Thriller" to be among one of the greatest and most innovated music videos of all time, which is ranked at #1 on those video lists by magazines & tv networks... what's your opinion about  it.

Personally, it's not my favorite MJ video, but worth mentioning since it made an impact in pop culture  and probably future high budget videos.

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson "Thriller" music video

Written By: Dominic L. on 07/07/06 at 10:59 am

Ha. It's so cheezy.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/07/06 at 5:55 pm

^ when we (as kids) watched it in the '80s every Halloween on MTV, it was actually not so cheesy. This was stuff we were used to watching, total cheese!  ;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/07/06 at 11:21 pm

I like it. I saw it first when I was like, 5 on TV. I don't think it's quite the best music video of all time, though...but close. The best music video of all time is "Express Yourself" or "Vogue."

Written By: Davester on 07/08/06 at 1:17 am

There was much pomp and circumstance surrounding MTV's premiere of the "Thriller" video.  If I'm not mistaken, it was first aired late at night.  I remember staying up late, tuned-in to MTV, to catch the first run of the video.  Back then, anticipated music videos, especially from pop heavyweigts, were not treated much differently than major theatrical premiers.  Duran Duran's "Wild Boys", likewise...

"Thriller", sometime in late November/early December, 1983...and yeah, it was cheeze, looking back on it, anyway...

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/08/06 at 7:24 am

Directed by John Landis, the video has more class than the mundane everyday pop videos.

Written By: woops on 07/08/06 at 8:23 pm

The laugh at the end was cheesy

Though I personally like the short version of "Smooth Criminal" better

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/06 at 1:25 am

The laugh at the end was cheesy

The laughter at the end was Vincent Price.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/09/06 at 1:33 am

The laughter at the end was Vincent Price.

At one point I was obsessed with the old Roger Corman/Vincent Price movies, so I LOVE that.

Check for new replies or respond here...