inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Music Videos That Sooo Should've Been Made

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/09/06 at 2:24 am

Squeeze should've made alot more music videos, I'll start by saying that. I can just imagine the video for "Labelled with Love" (country westerned theme), "Up the Junction" (working-class English saga), "Cool for Cats" (guys in sunglasses going through the Western, pub, and religious scenes mentioned in the lyrics), "Pulling Mussels from the Shell" on a beach, etc. Also, Elvis Costello could've made some pretty great videos for "Allison" and "Watching the Detectives", and the Replacements for "Androgynous."

Subject: Re: Music Videos That Sooo Should've Been Made

Written By: Gucas Lrabreel on 07/09/06 at 2:28 am

Debbie Gibson "In The Still Of The Night"
Debbie Gibson "Red Hot", should've been released as a single and would make a great video  8) :-*

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/09/06 at 2:54 am

I think alot of "visual sounding" songs should've had videos, such as:

Somebody's Baby - Jackson Browne
Sailing - Christopher Cross
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller

Other random ones that just never had videos:

Angel - Madonna
Stuck on You - Lionel Richie
Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen
I'll Be Alright Without You - Journey
Human Nature - Michael Jackson
Your Love is Driving Me Crazy - Sammy Hagar

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/09/06 at 2:55 am

I think alot of "visual sounding" songs should've had videos, such as:

Somebody's Baby - Jackson Browne
Sailing - Christopher Cross
Jet Airliner - Steve Miller

Other random ones that just never had videos:

Angel - Madonna
Stuck on You - Lionel Richie
Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen
I'll Be Alright Without You - Journey
Human Nature - Michael Jackson
Your Love is Driving Me Crazy - Sammy Hagar

"Gotta Be Startin' Something" should've had a video...it's my favorite song off of Thriller, by far. Also, "Dangerous" from True Blue should've had a video, if they were going to do the Jimmy Cagney line or whatever, that referenced the old gangster movies from the 1930s.

Written By: whistledog on 07/09/06 at 3:07 am

Squeeze should've made alot more music videos, I'll start by saying that. I can just imagine the video for "Labelled with Love" (country westerned theme), "Up the Junction" (working-class English saga), "Cool for Cats" (guys in sunglasses going through the Western, pub, and religious scenes mentioned in the lyrics), "Pulling Mussels from the Shell" on a beach, etc. Also, Elvis Costello could've made some pretty great videos for "Allison" and "Watching the Detectives", and the Replacements for "Androgynous."

"Cool For Cats" had a video

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/09/06 at 4:27 am

There was an animated flim made for Elvis Costello's Accidents Will Happen and that is one sense started the popularity of songs having films/video made for them.

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 07/09/06 at 6:05 pm

I'm surprised that Van Halen never made a video for "I'll Wait"off the 1984 album.  Its one of their best songs ever IMO.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/09/06 at 9:14 pm

I'm surprised that Van Halen never made a video for "I'll Wait"off the 1984 album.  Its one of their best songs ever IMO.

I agree. "I'll Wait" is awesome and VH should have defidently made a video for it.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/10/06 at 4:13 am

Hmmmm.....

Hawk, The Slayer's Top 5 Songs That Soooo Should've Had Videos Made To Them:

5. Attack Of the 50' Woman- The Tubes (I picture some hot gal to be Sue, and a '68 Cobra being the car)
4. Cigarette Of A Single Man- Squeeze (Easy video- taking place in a bar...but who'd be the single man?)
3. Little Liar- Joan Jett (I'd even volunteer to be the one she's singing to!)
2. Ballroom Blitz- Krokus (HAS to be this version, not that half-assed schlitz by Sweet!)
AND! Hawk's Personal Pick For the Video To Sooo Be Made-
1. Wild Women Of Wongo- The Tubes (I have such an idea for this! I could honestly direct it, & make it a hit!)

Written By: holicman on 07/10/06 at 5:29 am

Even though this song is in the nineties, I wouldve liked to have seen a Video for  " Ronnie" by Metallica, but one of their 80's songs "for whom the bell tolls" couldve been a video just as great as the video for their song "one".

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/10/06 at 7:09 am

"All Through The Night" by Cyndi Lauper should have had a video, damn it.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/10/06 at 8:45 am

"All Through The Night" by Cyndi Lauper should have had a video, damn it.

It did have a video!

Written By: Trimac20 on 07/10/06 at 9:07 am

Music Videos That Soooo Shouldn't Have Been Made: Mickey - Toni Basil, anything by Bon Jovi, Boyz II Men or Vanilla Ice  :D

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/10/06 at 11:54 am

Music Videos That Soooo Shouldn't Have Been Made: Mickey - Toni Basil, anything by Bon Jovi, Boyz II Men or Vanilla Ice  :D

Gotta give you credit for those.
Anyone know when the last time was, that Jon Bon Jovi actually WASHED his hair?

Denis Leary said it best when he said, "I mean, Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead, & we can't get Jon Bon Jovi into a helicopter!"

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/10/06 at 11:58 am

There is a video for Toni Basil's Mickey.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/10/06 at 11:59 am

It did have a video!

Really?? I wanna see it!!

Check for new replies or respond here...