inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pee Wee's Playhouse

Written By: UnHipster on 07/13/06 at 12:09 am

Saw it on Cartoon Network and it has to be the most mind trippin' show I've ever seen, which it was probably the Teletubbies of the '80's...  ::)

Fun fact: Laurence Fishborne, Phil Hartman, and Nick Park (animated the 'Penny' segments) got their start on the show

Subject: Re: Pee Wee's Playhouse

Written By: whistledog on 07/13/06 at 12:20 am

Saw it on Cartoon Network and it has to be the most mind trippin' show I've ever seen, which it was probably the Teletubbies of the '80's...  ::)

Fun fact: Laurence Fishborne, Phil Hartman, and Nick Park (animated the 'Penny' segments) got their start on the show

Phil Hartman used to be a Graphic Designer.  He created the 1976 cover for the Greatest Hits album by folk rock group America

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 07/13/06 at 1:01 pm

Phil Hartman used to be a Graphic Designer.  He created the 1976 cover for the Greatest Hits album by folk rock group America

Hmm, that's interesting.. I own that album.  :)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/13/06 at 1:01 pm

The fun fact isn't a surprise. If you watched it during it's inception and run, you already knew that. I did so it's not really news.

Written By: David Sari on 07/13/06 at 2:06 pm

The fun fact isn't a surprise. If you watched it during it's inception and run, you already knew that. I did so it's not really news.

For the younger generation it would be...

Though I know  Laurence Fishbourne did "Acoposlypse (sp) Now" some years before.

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/13/06 at 2:23 pm

LOL!!  We love PeeWee Herman!!  My brother-in-law has the all the tapes and my daughter and niece would sit and watch for hours!  I got the boxed set off of e-bay last year, now my 2 year old loves it!! 

Written By: bananas4life on 07/13/06 at 6:51 pm

Great show, heard Paul Ruebens is thinking about doing another PeeWee movie.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/14/06 at 9:50 am

Coooooool!  Got season one of the show, on DVD recently. It's still a really fun show to watch!

Written By: whistledog on 07/14/06 at 1:38 pm

Great show, heard Paul Ruebens is thinking about doing another PeeWee movie.

Yes.  It's called "Pee Wee's Playhouse - The Movie"

Written By: berger on 07/15/06 at 11:54 am

Are we talking the TV show or The Pee Wee Herman Show on HBO

The Pee Wee Herman Show was his stand up act, Phil Hartman was Captian Carl
"Everyone envys me, cause I'm Pee Wee"

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/15/06 at 7:54 pm

Too bad that theatre crap had to happen to him in 1990-91. He could have done so much more with this character. Its a tragedy that a proper sequel was never done for Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

Written By: whistledog on 07/15/06 at 8:04 pm

Too bad that theatre crap had to happen to him in 1990-91. He could have done so much more with this character. Its a tragedy that a proper sequel was never done for Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

"Big Top Pee Wee" was a disappointment  :\'(

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 07/16/06 at 5:32 am

"Big Top Pee Wee" was a disappointment  :\'(
Absolutely. I never considered that a sequel to Adventure. Pee Wee had amazing potential. If he had played his cards right, this could have been turned into a major movie franchise. The possibilities were endless. Pee Wee's Big Adventure is liked by people of all ages.

Written By: rare80s on 07/16/06 at 8:02 pm

Saw it on Cartoon Network and it has to be the most mind trippin' show I've ever seen, which it was probably the Teletubbies of the '80's...  ::)

Yes, I remember watching Pee Wee on TV and his movies when I was a kid. I would love to get ahold of anything Pee Wee Herman-related so if anyone has any stuff like that that they'd like to trade, please go to my trading site at: http://80sfiles.blogspot.com

Check for new replies or respond here...