inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bad Boys Blue - Come Back and Stay - is that Olivia Newton John singing backup

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/13/06 at 8:11 pm

Anyone else ever hear of this song?  The backing female singer doesn't have many parts, but it totally sounds like Olivia Newton-John.  I can't find anything that backs that up, allmusic does have some female singers listed in the album credits, so it must just be my poorly trained ears.

Subject: Re: Bad Boys Blue - Come Back and Stay - is that Olivia Newton John singing backup

Written By: dr mabuse on 07/13/06 at 11:18 pm

Love the song and heard it many times but that never dawned on me.  Listening to it now... And you're right, it does sound an awful lot like her!  But, who knows for sure though. 

Subject: Re: Bad Boys Blue - Come Back and Stay - is that Olivia Newton John singing backup

Written By: whistledog on 07/13/06 at 11:46 pm

I know that song real well.  It does sound like Olivia, but it's not.  I used to know the woman's name, but it escapes me at the moment  :-[

"Where do new broken hearts go to.  How can broken hearts find their way back home"

Written By: whistledog on 07/14/06 at 7:33 pm

It just came to me ...

Her name is Liane and she was lead singer of a dance group called E-rotic.  She appeared on a few other Bad Boys Blue tracks :)

Subject: Re: Bad Boys Blue - Come Back and Stay - is that Olivia Newton John singing back

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/14/06 at 7:54 pm

It just came to me ...

Her name is Liane and she was lead singer of a dance group called E-rotic.  She appeared on a few other Bad Boys Blue tracks :)

knew it couldn't be Olivia... I'll have to check out the other stuff

Check for new replies or respond here...