inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: g

Written By: tetratron on 07/16/06 at 6:46 am

;D

Subject: Re: Anyone remember this obscure toy? It was a failed action figure line at odd-lot

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/17/06 at 3:08 pm

I know of which toys you speak!

When I lived in Utah (about 1986-89), I had one of them- it was the Egyptian pharaoh, actually.
You pulled his torse, and his face shrunk in, to resemble the transformation to a human cobra.

There were about 10 of them. This one came with a brownish- copperish sword, with a cobra hilt and pommel.

I believe they were called "Invincibles".

As for finding out more, have you contacted any toys & collectibles sites?
"Wizard Magazine" usually has stuff like that listed.

Subject: Re: Anyone remember this obscure toy? It was a failed action figure line at odd-lot

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/17/06 at 11:32 pm

The Pharaoh's name was "Sphinx".

I had him so long, that the face latex broke, and I saw the facial template underneath.

I used to use all my action figures (of which I had over $10,000 @ the time I stopped collecting) as wrestlers.
I had an AWA wrestling ring, and I collected a lot of stuff- MOTU, Thundercats, Silverhawks...
I even had a few wrestler figures- my favorite were the Road Warriors, Hawk & Animal.
I have them sitting on my dresser, to this day.

Check for new replies or respond here...