inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's VH-1 or MTV Music Video

Written By: bethg on 07/18/06 at 6:46 pm

I had 6 video tapes I taped back in high school of MTV music videos and they were distroyed when I moved. :\'(    I MISS THEM Does anybody know where I can see or get 80's music videos.  So I can be HAPPY  ::) again!!!
PLEASE email me  guilmart@adelphia.net

THANK YOU THANK YOU in advance.

Subject: Re: 80's VH-1 or MTV Music Video

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/18/06 at 7:16 pm

If you have cable, see if you get VH1 Classic. In particular, they have a show called We Are the 80s.

Written By: woops on 07/18/06 at 10:46 pm

Compilation DVDs, check the music section  :)

Written By: Marty McFly on 07/18/06 at 10:59 pm

What ^ and ^^ said. :)

Youtube also has tons of '80s videos (I've watched tons in the last few months, lol). I know how ya feel, though. I also taped alot of stuff from VH1 as a kid in the early '90s (1992 VH1 was sorta like 1984 MTV as far as song selection), and alot of it has since gotten lost/taped over, etc.

Written By: wsmith4 on 07/19/06 at 7:04 am

try youtube.com  any video you could ever wanna see is on that website.

Written By: woops on 07/26/06 at 3:57 am

There's a new 3 DVD set from the "Pure 80s" series titled "Pure 80s: The Ultimate DVD Box" with 45 popular (and lesser known) music videos from the '80's  8) :D

Good, Bad, and Cheesy

Written By: Beth Guilmart on 09/01/06 at 1:28 pm

Thanks everyone ---- I bought that Pure 80's DVD---NOT  BAD!! 

I love the 80's music but you know you are starting to get old when they are using these great songs on COMMERCIALS....and half the time ruining them.
Anyways Thanks.

Written By: Mushroom on 09/01/06 at 1:49 pm

Thanks everyone ---- I bought that Pure 80's DVD---NOT  BAD!! 

I love the 80's music but you know you are starting to get old when they are using these great songs on COMMERCIALS....and half the time ruining them.
Anyways Thanks.

Oh, you see that all the time, and have for decades.

You know you are old when the music you listened to in High School is now played on "Oldies" stations!

When I lived in LA, K-Earth 101 was the local "oldies" station.  In the 1980's, it played music from the 1950's and 1960's.  I would turn it on from time to time, when I was all worn out with head-banging music, or New Wave.

Right before I left LA in 2003, I discovered that among their newest additions were The Police, Hall & Oates, and Duran-Duran.  Believe me, that made me feel old!

I agree with what was said earlier though, You Tube and VH1 Classic.  MTV2 also plays the older music from time to time.

Written By: Perryfan on 09/02/06 at 9:14 am

Try this site.

http://www.1500videos.com/

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/02/06 at 12:45 pm

Oh, you see that all the time, and have for decades.

You know you are old when the music you listened to in High School is now played on "Oldies" stations!

What if it was already "oldies" or near oldies when you were in high school several years ago (Class of 2000)? ;) Not everyone is obsessed with what's popular just because they're 14-17/18.

I'm one of those people who stuck with the '80s all throughout the '90s (even though I love the '90s too).

Commercials just play songs that are similar to the product and/or if the people in charge just liked it. I don't think it's got anything to do with it always being stuck in the past 35 year-olds playing the music they listened to twenty years ago when they were 15 (though that is the basis for it sometimes).

Just last year, they played Collective Soul's new single "Better Now" on kelloggs cereal commercials. There's now a car commercial (I forget which) that has Sheryl Crow's "Everyday is a Winding Road". That was only nine years ago from 1997.

Check for new replies or respond here...