inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone remember what these are called.....

Written By: Becky on 07/19/06 at 8:43 am

Please help!!!
I'm trying to find out the name of this product from the 80's, maybe early 90's?  They were like stretch, elastic, soft, nylon, tie bands (shape of an elastic).  They were NOT hairtyes,  more like a small bracelet size.  They came in different neon flourescent colors like pink, orange and yellow.  They came in a large package of a large amount (maybe 50-100).  You would weave them around your fingers and keep piling them on top of each other.  Then, when you couldn't fit much more on, you would take them at both ends and pull them off and it would be a braided design.  The were kind of a thick nylon material.  You could get them at Toys R Us for sure, 'cause that's where mine came from.  Does anyone know the name of this product?  I used to love these stretch band things!!

Subject: Re: Does anyone remember what these are called.....

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 07/24/06 at 5:37 am

The name of that product is on the tip of my tongue...
When I remember it, I'll let you know!

Written By: Beck on 09/17/06 at 8:08 pm

Bump

Written By: Peanut on 10/01/06 at 2:21 am

I do remember those annoying plastic banglets, from back then.  We called them just that --- Banglets (not certain if that was their actual name). And they were a huge waste of money, I remember.  Sure, we at times had fun, as you described, weaving them through our hands/fingers,  but it was only temporary fun.  The novelty soon would wear off.  Heck, even our old Izods and Hair bracelets were much more interesting than those horrid Banglets.  At least the hair bracelets you could weave multi-colored ribbons through them, and color-coordinate them with all your outfits.

Does this answer your inquiry??

Written By: Katie on 12/30/06 at 1:48 am

Oh my god!!  Me and my sister used to make those things all the time when we were kids.  In fact, I was at Michaels(craft store---not sure where you live and if you have one by you)and saw a bag of these things in the kids craft section.  I was tempted to buy it but I don't remember how to make those things.  I hope this helps.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/30/06 at 9:45 pm

I think that they were called boongooles, hope it helps!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boondoggle

Written By: emily on 02/04/07 at 8:10 pm

Please help!!!
I'm trying to find out the name of this product from the 80's, maybe early 90's?  They were like stretch, elastic, soft, nylon, tie bands (shape of an elastic).  They were NOT hairtyes,  more like a small bracelet size.  They came in different neon flourescent colors like pink, orange and yellow.  They came in a large package of a large amount (maybe 50-100).  You would weave them around your fingers and keep piling them on top of each other.  Then, when you couldn't fit much more on, you would take them at both ends and pull them off and it would be a braided design.  The were kind of a thick nylon material.  You could get them at Toys R Us for sure, 'cause that's where mine came from.  Does anyone know the name of this product?  I used to love these stretch band things!!

Written By: emily on 02/04/07 at 8:14 pm

The name of that product is on the tip of my tongue...
When I remember it, I'll let you know!

They'recalled loom loopers.  you could also weave pot holders if you had the square frame.

Check for new replies or respond here...