inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need help ..saturday morning cartoon bumper

Written By: Dave79 on 07/21/06 at 6:11 am

I wondering if anyone could help me on this, it was a bumper they had on Saturday morning cartoons..it had a picture in a rectangle of the cartoon and said "cartoon here" will return after theses messages. Ive been trying to figure this one out for ages it seems.

Thanks--

Dave.

Subject: Re: Need help ..saturday morning cartoon bumper

Written By: karen on 07/21/06 at 6:17 am

Welcome to the boards Dave.

I'm not quite clear what you are looking for from your question.  It might help if you say where you're from as well for two reasons.  1 we have members from lots of different countries and 2 it might just be a regional thing used in your state (assuming you're form the US)

Written By: Dave79 on 07/21/06 at 6:35 am

Thanks..
Im from the US.  I know that it would do this before the commercials and then when it would come back to the cartoon I think. It was a guy I THINK that said the words.. though its been so long and its hard to remember to much.

--
Dave.

Written By: Davester on 07/21/06 at 8:55 pm

I wondering if anyone could help me on this, it was a bumper they had on Saturday morning cartoons..it had a picture in a rectangle of the cartoon and said "cartoon here" will return after theses messages. Ive been trying to figure this one out for ages it seems.

Thanks--

Dave.

Is this what you're looking for..?  The link I've provided will take you to RetroJunk.  You'll find several variations of this NBC Saturday morning bumper, depending on the year/season.  Most, if not all, are NBC bumpers similar to what you described...

Definately browse through RetroJunk.  Great stuff, there... 8)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/nbc1981.jpg

"The Smurfs - Will Return After These Messages..."

Written By: Davester on 07/21/06 at 9:17 pm

Thanks..
Im from the US.  I know that it would do this before the commercials and then when it would come back to the cartoon I think. It was a guy I THINK that said the words.. though its been so long and its hard to remember to much.

--
Dave.

Dave, the voiceover for the Saturday morning bumper pictured above (NBC-Smurfs-1981) is none other than Casey Kasem...

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/06 at 9:20 pm

Is this what you're looking for..?  The link I've provided will take you to RetroJunk.  You'll find several variations of this NBC Saturday morning bumper, depending on the year/season.  Most, if not all, are NBC bumpers similar to what you described...

Definately browse through RetroJunk.  Great stuff, there... 8)

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/nbc1981.jpg

"The Smurfs - Will Return After These Messages..."

Yes...Retrojunk has some awesome old clips....I spent hours there once! ;)

Written By: Dave79 on 07/22/06 at 2:38 am

Wow these take me back, The Smurfs one I remember now like it was yesterday.. I remember now how the early ones were somewhat plain, later they got more colorful.. Yep and thats Casey Kasem!  Nbc was awesome back then on Saturday morning! Great website to.

Thanks!
--
Dave

Written By: Davester on 07/22/06 at 2:42 am

Wow these take me back, The Smurfs one I remember now like it was yesterday.. I remember now how the early ones were somewhat plain, later they got more colorful.. Yep and thats Casey Kasem!  Nbc was awesome back then on Saturday morning! Great website to.

Thanks!
--
Dave

You might also remember abc's Saturday morning bumpers...

Give me a sec and I'll post a piccy...

Written By: Davester on 07/22/06 at 2:54 am

You might also remember abc's Saturday morning bumpers...

Give me a sec and I'll post a piccy...

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/images_us_abc/abc_cartoon1.jpghttp://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/images_us_abc/abc_cartoon2.jpg
   http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/images_us_abc/abc_cartoon3.jpghttp://www.tv-ark.org.uk/international/images_us_abc/abc_cartoon4.jpg

Edited to add: These bumpers are from 1978-79, I believe...

Written By: Dave79 on 07/22/06 at 3:39 am

Wow, Yea Davester.. the one with the pencil, if remember it writes it out, the the one with the cloud turns into the abc symbol.

I think there was another from Abc where they had some really weird music and dancing around..I remember a few from Cbs also, one i remember..vaguely used alot of water and another one from Cbs, I think they used this one for awhile, it was space theme, and kind of looked like the Star Wars and Pacman. And I recall one from Cbs where their was these kids in a control room. Anyone else remember theses?
--
Dave.

Written By: Davester on 07/22/06 at 3:46 am

Wow, Yea Davester.. the one with the pencil, if remember it writes it out, the the one with the cloud turns into the abc symbol.

Here's a link so you can watch these and other bumpers in motion...

TV Ark.  Click on "International" then "United States" for your choice of networks...

I think there was another from Abc where they had some really weird music and dancing around..I remember a few from Cbs also, one i remember..vaguely used alot of water and another one from Cbs, I think they used this one for awhile, it was space theme, and kind of looked like the Star Wars and Pacman. And I recall one from Cbs where their was these kids in a control room. Anyone else remember theses?
--
Dave.

Does the bumper you're referring to have a kind of video game theme to it..?  I have these on my 'puter somewhere...

Check out my freshly bumperized "70s/80s Links".  You'll find some pretty amazing things on those.  Click, watch, get happy... :)

Check for new replies or respond here...