inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is this true (For anyone who was there)

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 07/25/06 at 12:43 pm

I've heard this on other sites, and things. About how cocaine was hugely popular in the 80's, and that nearly every active partying young person tried it at least once, in the decade. Was cocaine really that huge, among young people, teens/20s, in the 80's?

Subject: Re: Is this true (For anyone who was there)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/25/06 at 7:55 pm

I didn't do it myself, fortunatly.  However.... it was pretty big during the 80's, just how big amongst college kids and teens, not sure.

Written By: Gis on 07/26/06 at 3:38 am

Never did it myself,but yeah it was, and still is big news.

Written By: karen on 07/26/06 at 3:46 am

Can't say that it was locally.  People either smoked dope or took amphetamines

Written By: robby76 on 07/26/06 at 9:11 am

70s 80s 90s 00s... it's been fairly prevalent throughout. I was heavily into the clubbing scene from mid 90s to early 00s so I don't see why someone my age in the 80s would be any less involved. 

Written By: bj26 on 07/26/06 at 10:48 am

I believe there was quite a bit of coke use in the 70s and 80s.  I heard the first snort was the best buzz, then as people kept snorting subsequent hits, they tried to achieve the same good high, but it was never quite as good.  Anyone know if this is what's called, "chasing the dragon?"

Written By: karen on 07/26/06 at 10:54 am

I believe there was quite a bit of coke use in the 70s and 80s.  I heard the first snort was the best buzz, then as people kept snorting subsequent hits, they tried to achieve the same good high, but it was never quite as good.  Anyone know if this is what's called, "chasing the dragon?"

chasing the dragon refers to a method of taking heroin.

Written By: bj26 on 07/26/06 at 11:46 am

I haven't had much desire to snort coke anyway, because my nose is too sensitive due to sinus problems; I think snorting it would be too irritating for my nasal passages.  Enough people did it though, so it must have been fun; however some couldn't control their habit and over did it, about like anything y'know.

Check for new replies or respond here...