inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Boomerang channel.. gone sour..

Written By: Dave79 on 07/28/06 at 4:09 pm

The Boomerang channel, came on the air in April of 2001, and its owned by Cartoon Network, it shows some awesome cartoons from the 70s and 80s, but if you have noticed its been airing newer kid shows in the last year or so, and losing its roots. WHY must they do this to a good thing? Its not really to surprising but..o well..  I thought it targeted the 25-40 age group cause we are the ones that watched the shows back then, but nope. I recently seen an ad for Pokemon of all shows to start airing on this channel. GIVE me a break here..  enough said.. thoughts?

---
Dave.

Subject: Re: The Boomerang channel.. gone sour..

Written By: the prodigal guest on 07/28/06 at 8:23 pm

Yeah, It's defidently going south. It used to show alot of good, classic shows, but now its starting to show alot of newer ones. It wont be much longer and it'll be just as bad as Cartoon Network :-\\

Written By: Satish on 07/28/06 at 9:15 pm

I don't have a problem with it. It's been a good five or six years since Pokemon was really hot, so enough time has probably passed for people to be nostalgic for it. There's probably a fair share of teenagers out there who are nostalgic for when they were still in the first or second grade.

Written By: woops on 03/12/09 at 5:08 pm

Currently, there's about 3 cartoons from this decade.

It's still good and still dominated by older programming, which ironically reminds me of '90's Cartoon Network (though minus Looney Tunes)

Disney XD... "Jimmy Two-Shoes" and "Phineas & Ferb" are sometimes worth watching, though mostly garbage  8-P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/09 at 5:56 pm

Then you'll love Teletoon Retro.

Currently they air....

The Smurfs
The Flintstones
Fraggle Rock
Fat Albert and The Cosby Kids
Alvin and The Chipmunks
Pink Panther Show
The Road Runner Show
Reboot
The Raccoons
The Bannana Splits
Scooby Doo
The Jetsons

Unfortunatly, it's only avialable in Canada.

http://www.teletoon.com/teletoon3/retro.php?language=En&func=php|templates/tvSchedule.php|0&xVar=

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/18/09 at 6:07 pm

By the way this year's schedule on Teletoon Retro....... rocks!

New this fall....

The Yogi Bear Show, The Huckleberry Hound Show, The Quick Draw McGraw Show, Top Cat, Captin Caveman, Josie and the Pussycats, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Inspector Gadget and Beetlejuice.

Alas, Teletoon Retro is only avialble in Canada.

http://www.viewers.ca/discuss/showthread.php?p=17581

Written By: robby76 on 08/18/09 at 8:37 pm

Just my luck! All the purely retro channels seem only to be happening in the US and Canada!

Written By: woops on 08/18/09 at 9:42 pm

What should be on Boomerang:

Looney Tunes... really they should be back on tv on a regular basis.  About two hours per day and four in the weekends. Though there's some dumb fued between Time Warner & Turner owned networks...

A few '90's WB cartoons like "Tiny Toon Adventures", "Animaniacs", "Taz-Mania", "Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries", and  "Batman: The Animated Series".  (yeah, a few are hit or miss, but more worth watching compared to some of the junk now like "Total Drama Island", IMHO)

Especially that the only '90's cartoons they've been showing are a few early '90's Hanna Babera shows (ie "Swat Cats", "Two Stupid Dogs") and early Cartoon Network originals (ie "Dexter's Laboratory"). Not to mention that they've shown a few cartoons from the past decade that shouldn't be on (Wouldn't be suprised if Boomerang goes through drastic changes anytime now since Cartoon Network's more focused on live action reality shows and a few current cartoons)

Written By: woops on 08/18/09 at 9:44 pm

Disney XD... "Jimmy Two-Shoes" and "Phineas & Ferb" are sometimes worth watching, though mostly garbage  8-P

"Jimmy Two Shoes" is less than mediocre, though could improve if given a makeover (done in better animation and more interesting characters)

"Phineas & Ferb" is OK, though some of the characters are completely bland

(yes, my opinions change over time and "Jimmy Two Shoes" barely got started when the post was written)

Written By: Major James Ward III on 03/14/11 at 3:41 pm

I don't have a problem with it. It's been a good five or six years since Pokemon was really hot, so enough time has probably passed for people to be nostalgic for it. There's probably a fair share of teenagers out there who are nostalgic for when they were still in the first or second grade.

This is ridculous, the Bommerang Channel has at least 30 years of Good Cartoon content from the 1980's era cartoons (Back when cartoons were real). Some shows are

1-Thundercats
2-Silverhawks
3-MASK
4-Jayce and the wheeled warriors
5-Visionaries
6-He-Man
7-Voltron
8-Transformers
9-Sectaurs
10-Inhumanoids
11-Foofur
12-Care Bears
13-JEM
14-Ed Grimley
15-Gumby
16-Pinwheel
17-My Little Pony
18-Get Along gang
19-Alvin and the chipmunks
20-Bravestarr
21-Gobots
22-The Real Ghostbusters
23-COPS
24-Pirates Of Dark Water
25-WWF Superstars
26-Dungeons and Dragons

And the list goes on and on--why haven't they picked up these shows, I was not born in the 1960's and I am tired of every hour seeing Scooby-Doo and Yogi bear.

Written By: Amidi Amid Mode on 03/16/11 at 12:40 am

"Inspector Gadget" & "Heathcliff" are on This TV

Original "Transformers" & "GI Joe" are on The Hub

Boomerang has a few'80's/early '90's cartoons from "Smurfs", "Pirates of Dark Water", and some '90's Cartoon Network originals

Written By: yelimsexa on 03/16/11 at 6:20 am

"Inspector Gadget" & "Heathcliff" are on This TV

Original "Transformers" & "GI Joe" are on The Hub

Boomerang has a few'80's/early '90's cartoons from "Smurfs", "Pirates of Dark Water", and some '90's Cartoon Network originals

With all of the channels during the digital/satellite era, it often becomes more necessary to channel surf to find what you want to watch. For example, for that "classic TV" feel, you go to Hallmark for I Love Lucy followed by WGN for Cheers and TV Land for Andy Griffith and TV One for Cosby. The simple days of a few dozen channels (not 500 something) in the '80s are long gone and.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/11 at 6:24 am

http://www.scoobyaddicts.com/Images/History/BoomLogoScoobsm.jpg

I remember The Boomerang Channel.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/19/11 at 10:28 am

Then you'll love Teletoon Retro.

Currently they air....

The Smurfs
The Flintstones
Fraggle Rock
Fat Albert and The Cosby Kids
Alvin and The Chipmunks
Pink Panther Show
The Road Runner Show
Reboot
The Raccoons
The Bannana Splits
Scooby Doo
The Jetsons

Unfortunatly, it's only avialable in Canada.

http://www.teletoon.com/teletoon3/retro.php?language=En&func=php|templates/tvSchedule.php|0&xVar=

I wish that Teletoon would come to America, like what MuchMusic did.

In the 80's and 90's, Cable stations kept their identity!

The biggest reason why the 00's sucked ass is because cable/satellite sold out on us!

Written By: road runner viewer on 06/02/12 at 7:24 am

Boomerang in Australia used to air the road runner show but stopped showing it in 2007 which made me upset and angry  >:( . The road runner show hasn't been on Australian TV for well over 5 Years, Hopefully 111 Hits (they do show episodes of looney tunes weekdays) or channel 9 should air the road runner show.

Foxtel or Channel 9 Please Bring Back The Road Runner Show Onto Auatralian Television Screens  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...