inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Bounty

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/06 at 9:20 am

Who here has heard of or seen The Bounty (the Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson version) ?

The reason why I bought this up, as that I saw it on cable recently, and thought it was a pretty good film.

I like the music used at the end of the film alot.

Subject: Re: The Bounty

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/06/06 at 9:32 am

It was beautifully shot by Arthur Ibbetson, the music by Vangelis and the screenplay by Robert Bolt, who could ask for more?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/06/06 at 2:17 pm

I thought it was a great film.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 08/06/06 at 7:38 pm

Lo-o-o-o-o-o-ve The Bounty...

One of my favorites.  Also not based on the Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall book, "Mutiny on the Bounty", but, rather, on Richard Alexander Hough's, "Captain Bligh & Mr. Christian".  The makers of "The Bounty" boasted that their portrays a more accurate version of the events surrounding the legendary mutiny...

Vangelis' score is top notch and really helps take me to the sea.  Beauty with an ever present hint of menace lurking around each corner. I'm having a hard time tracking down a copy.  There were actually no official releases for the score but a few "professional" bootlegs floating around.  The last one I saw on eBay went to some lucky soul for a small fortune :(...

It's great stuff and I own several books dealing with this mutiny groove ;) on...

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/07/06 at 9:43 pm

That's the reason why the film is pretty cool.

It presents the sea as something that truely is menacing.

Written By: Davester on 08/08/06 at 11:02 pm

That's the reason why the show is pretty cool.

It presents the sea as something that truely is menacing.

Yes, can be beautiful, as well...

Vangelis' score in The Bounty  conveys the tension on board the ship,  the unease of the crew, the growing rift between Bligh and Christian (who were portrayed as good friends previous to the breadfruit expedition) and the premonition of dark and desperate times to come and conveys it so well that it's almost a member of the cast, in a way.  The way it should be...

There is a compilation album featuring a limited collection of Vangelis' film scores, called Themes.  Included on this album are the opening and closing titles of The Bounty groove ;) on...

Written By: Gis on 08/09/06 at 3:21 am

Great film, though I haven't seen it in ages.

Check for new replies or respond here...