inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nik Kershaw

Written By: Icemaidnrebix on 08/09/06 at 5:11 pm

Hi I know you guys are american and maybe not that familiar with him apart from Wouldn't it Be Good from the album Human Racing, after that during the eighties up to recently, he has released the albums: The Riddle Radio Musicola The Works 15 Minutes and To Be Frank .....the song fiction from 15 minutes was in an episode of Dawsons Creek in 99/00...he's got a new album out soon called 'You've Got To Laugh' I can't wait for that..... 8)

Subject: Re: Nik Kershaw

Written By: whistledog on 08/09/06 at 8:08 pm

Nik Kershaw did have 1 American hit with "Wouldn't it Be Good" , but in America, it seems to be somewhat best remembered via the cover version of it by the group Danny Hutton Hitters, which appeared on the soundtrack to "Pretty in Pink"

Nik had three hits here in Canada:  "Wouldn't it Be Good" ,  "The Riddle" and "I Won't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"

The best Kershaw song I thought was "Nobody Knows" from the Radio Musicola album.  I have the 45 8)

Subject: Re: Nik Kershaw

Written By: robby76 on 08/09/06 at 10:55 pm

I started a Nik Kershaw song poll a few months back. He's great! Fave song was "Human Racing". I bought his cd and dvd "Then & Now" this year too.

Check for new replies or respond here...