inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "One Magic Christmas" was one amazing movie

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/10/06 at 10:20 am

My favorite christmas movie ever.  So sad, but so happy.  Mary Steenburgen was great in it.  Takes me back to my childhood and makes me feel cozy.  I love that movie so much...

What are your favorite christmas movies? I know it's early...

Subject: Re: "One Magic Christmas" was one amazing movie

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/10/06 at 2:47 pm

I got that movie for Christmas in 1989 and I watched it maybe a year or two later, and it was pretty good - but not quite that remarkable. I may need to see it again to gain better meaning.

Written By: wsmith4 on 08/11/06 at 10:18 am

if you have a soul, you'll cry watching it.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/11/06 at 10:13 pm

Is it just me or is the idea of a kid, talking to a complete stranger (Yes, I know.... he turns out to be an angel and all), seem kinda... creepy?

It always kinda bother me whenever I see this film.

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/06 at 1:57 am

Is it just me or is the idea of a kid, talking to a complete stranger (Yes, I know.... he turns out to be an angel and all), seem kinda... creepy?

It always kinda bother me whenever I see this film.

I know what you mean.  I always thought it was kinda creepy too

But in the end it all worked out.  A good family film to watch come Christmas time :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/18/06 at 8:52 am

There was this one TV Christmas movie called, "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear"....a very young Scott Grimes was in it...and Mickey Rooney played his grandfather....it was very touching and sad.

I also like the movie, "The Night They Saved Christmas"....with Jaclyn Smith and Art Carney.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/06 at 11:11 am

A Christmas Story is a good film.

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/06 at 2:59 pm

There was this one TV Christmas movie called, "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear"....a very young Scott Grimes was in it...and Mickey Rooney played his grandfather....it was very touching and sad.

I remember that movie.  I wish they'd put alot of those old Christmas Made for TV Movies on DVD.  They are always fun to watch come Christmas time :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 3:17 pm

I remember that movie.  I wish they'd put alot of those old Christmas Made for TV Movies on DVD.  They are always fun to watch come Christmas time :)

Ya, I did a search for them on Ebay and I found them...but I am not willing to pay like $40 for a VHS copy of the movie. ::)

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/06 at 3:25 pm

Ya, I did a search for them on Ebay and I found them...but I am not willing to pay like $40 for a VHS copy of the movie. ::)

That's highway robbery.  VHS tapes ain't even worth 50c these days

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 3:32 pm

That's highway robbery.  VHS tapes ain't even worth 50c these days

ya, just because they are "out of print" or whatever...people will pay an arm/leg for them...sorry, but I don't have that kind of money. I always look when I go to thrift shops, in hopes that I find them there.  I was at Goodwill the other day and found some goodies (Like Father, Like Son....House Arrest, Soul Man).

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/06 at 3:34 pm

ya, just because they are "out of print" or whatever...people will pay an arm/leg for them...sorry, but I don't have that kind of money. I always look when I go to thrift shops, in hopes that I find them there.  I was at Goodwill the other day and found some goodies (Like Father, Like Son....House Arrest, Soul Man).

I found "Like Father, Like Son" on DVD at Salvation Army for $3
I even found a VHS of a Debbie Gibson video.  Maybe I could sell it to woops for $100 :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/12/06 at 3:36 pm

I found "Like Father, Like Son" on DVD at Salvation Army for $3
I even found a VHS of a Debbie Gibson video.  Maybe I could sell it to woops for $100 :D

ohmygosh...you could probably get him to sell his soul for it (even better if you throw in a copy of high school musical, starring Ashley Tidsdale). ;) ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...