inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which 80's teen movie character are you?

Written By: KKay on 08/11/06 at 3:03 pm

Sometimes Inthe00s is like a high school.  We have jocks and geeks and popular people and metalheads and drama kids.

So, if John Hughes stepped in and took over, which character from any 80's teen movie would you be?

Here is a list of films to help you get started (and me too- it's a hard decision!):

Porky's; Class; Risky Business;Sixteen Candles; Pretty in Pink; Wierd Science; Ferris Bueller; Breakfast Club;
St. Elmo's; Outsiders; Some Kind of Wonderful; Just one of the Guys; Valley Girl

Subject: Re: Which 80's teen movie character are you?

Written By: KKay on 08/11/06 at 3:36 pm

OK I think i have it figured out.

It's a combination of...
Lane Meyer (John Cusak) in Better off Dead: people keep challenging him and he doesn't care and he is always thoroughly exasperated with everything
Watts(Mary Stuart Masterson) in Some Kind of Wonderful: cuz someitimes i think i'm that cool-
Andie-(Molly Ringwald) Pretty in Pink- she is always rolling her eyes at something (ACTing!), when she needs something (to do, a prom dress,company) she can just make it,  and her friends at her school are like my friends here....kinda weird and shunned by the general public :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/11/06 at 4:04 pm

A cross between Samantha from Sixteen Candles and Allison from the Breakfast Club. Not really fitting in.

Cat

Written By: Mushroom on 08/11/06 at 5:22 pm

I guess I am a male version of Jordan Cochran, with a bit of Lazlo from the movie "Real Genius"  :P

Written By: CeeKay on 08/11/06 at 6:35 pm

Sometimes Inthe00s is like a high school.  We have jocks and geeks and popular people and metalheads and drama kids.

So, if John Hughes stepped in and took over, which character from any 80's teen movie would you be?

I have no idea.  I don't remember them enough to choose.  So guess what K?  I'm going to let you pick for me. ???

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 08/12/06 at 2:44 am

:-X

Written By: bighairforever on 08/12/06 at 4:51 am

Hi, I am new to this site.....Being an "80'S" Child I would like to think that I am like Julie from Valley Girl....The best all time 80's movie ever. Just love Nic Cage's chest hair!!!! Blergh. :-\\

Written By: KKay on 08/12/06 at 7:22 pm

I have no idea.  I don't remember them enough to choose.  So guess what K?  I'm going to let you pick for me. ???

You're the Annie Potts character in Pretty in Pink that is a cool, new wave record store owner by day and a real adult by night.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/12/06 at 7:38 pm

John Bender from Breakfast Club (Judd Nelson's character)

Farmer Ted the geek in Sixteen Candles (Anthony Michael Hall)

Pony Boy in The Outsiders (C. Thomas Howell)

I think I have a little personality of each these 3 characters from those teen movies.

Written By: bighairforever on 08/13/06 at 3:55 am

Would have liked to be compared to Cherry Valance....The Outsiders ( book is a million times better than the flick though)

big hair forever :-*

Written By: Davester on 08/13/06 at 10:48 pm

Ferris Bueller without a doubt, not by virtue of my online persona but my high school days...

That would have to make my best friend, John, Cameron Frye...

I was the one responsible for hatching the plots, working out the details and logistics to cut class while still coming-out smelling like roses.  John was the one who, occasionally and reluctantly went along with it...

Forging the sick notes complete w/ parent's signatures (mine were quality and highly sought after...), removing the bells from the phones so nobody would notice the attendence office calling, arranging transportation...

It was alot of work, I'll tell you groove ;) on...

Written By: KKay on 08/14/06 at 8:29 am

it's all pretty funny. its easy to describe myself then...but now? i have no clue!

Written By: AmandaSparks on 08/15/06 at 3:13 am

I am 3 80's characters
Mahoney from Police Academy 1, Dana from Moving Violations
and Melvin from Night Patrol  8)
All worth while rentals by the way.

I agree about Moving Violations. Underrated dumb 80s comedy.

As for my character, I'd be Martha Plimpton's character from The Goonies, Stef. The nerdy looking but cool and smart alecky chick who hangs with the pretty but insecure girl. Stef was also into younger guys, as you can tell from the little exchange between her and Mouth at the end.
I always liked Corey F. in the 80s. Now I wonder what the hell I was thinking!

Written By: MewMewkara on 08/17/06 at 6:51 pm

I'm a mix of Sam from Sixteen Candles and Farmer Ted from the same movie.

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/18/06 at 4:36 am

Depends on the movie...some of my choices aren't necessarily from "teen" movies, but are teen-involved, in some way...

The Breakfast Club- Carl, the Janitor (none of the typical stereotypes fit me...I was the bright-yet-burnt-out, overweight musical misfit who couldn't get laid...)

Caddyshack- A cross between Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield's character) and Motormouth (Hamilton Mitchell).

My Bodyguard- Clifford Peache. (I hate violence, and will do a lot to avoid it, unless I'm pushed too far.)

16 Candles- A cross between Farmer Ted, and the guy Molly Ringwald finally gets at the end.

Fast Times @ Ridgemont High- Either Brad Hamilton (Judge Reinhold), or a cross between Damone (Robert Romanus) and "Rat" (Brian Backer). In a pinch, Mr. Vargas- the Biology teacher.

Police Academy- Either a white version of Jones, a funnier version of Mahoney, or Tackleberry.

Hot Dog! The movie- No doubts about it- Dan O'Callahan, the wisecracking, pranking leader of the pack.

Real Genius- Chris Knight (Val Kilmer), just because we have the same "Sun God" dream...

One Crazy Summer- Probably either Hoops's cousin George, or Egg Stork (Bobcat Goldthwaite).

Class- Andrew McCarthy's character, just because the vast majority of women I dated when I was single were between 5-10 yrs. older than me.....

More to come, as I think of them.

Written By: KKay on 08/18/06 at 8:01 am

^ I LOVE one crazy summer. Egg was a good man.

I gave it some thought and I have a feeling that i'm probably 40% Allison Reynolds from the Breakfast club.  I will occasionally be shy but want to not be; and then do something wierd like eat a Cap'n Crunch sandwich. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/06 at 10:27 pm

I was not a heck of a lot like John Bender, but when ever I see Bender do the bit,

John Bender: (as his father) Stupid, worthless, no good, g*ddam, freeloading son of a b*tch. Retarded, big mouth, know-it-all, assh*le, jerk.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.

Shut up b*tch. Go fix me a turkey pot pie.

No dad, what about you?
F**k you!
No dad, what about you?
F**k you!
Dad, what about you?
F**k you!!!!

AAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!

It's a vivid sense memory of fights with my own dad!
Mind you, my dad's Philippics were more refined, more of the Hannibal Lector variety, though he just said the same thing in more florid language, and when he blew his top, he had a great fondness for that seven-letter combination!

Was it this thread? Haven't been to inthe80s for awhile, but I might've mentioned I was a BC composite sketch of Bender, Johnson, and Allison!  Weird combo, eh?
People asked me after "Pretty in Pink" if I identified with Duckie.  F**K NO!  There was a guy just like Duckie in my class.  He stabbed me in the back numerous times.  Even I was driven to belt him a couple on two occasions!  Girls of the current generation  think John Cryer's Duckie is adorable.  Sorry to tell you, those Duckie-types deserved to get the crap kicked out of them because deep down, they really weren't nice people!
My sister asked me not long ago if I had identified with Ferris Bueller because I liked the movie so much. Uhhhh, nooooo!  I liked the movie, and still do, because it's a funny movie!  I did feel some affinity with Cameron, though!  Yes, Ferris had a Cabaret Voltaire poster and he used to dump school a lot, but the similarities ended there.  When I dumped school, it was more like "Franz Kafka's Day Off"!
::)

Written By: Ebontyne on 08/19/06 at 11:37 am

Oh, in all honesty, I'd be Brian from The Breakfast Club. I was a big geek in high school. ;)

Written By: KKay on 08/19/06 at 12:37 pm

People asked me after "Pretty in Pink" if I identified with Duckie.  F**K NO!  There was a guy just like Duckie in my class.  ::)

i was always trying to get rid of some version of Duckie.  i wanted so much to be cool and shooing the Duckies away, as nice and cute and needy as they were,.

Check for new replies or respond here...