inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Richard Bey Show

Written By: dr mabuse on 08/13/06 at 5:22 pm

This was the Jerry Springer before Jerry Springer.  Anyone remember this crazy talk show?  I vaguely remember Richard Bey being a real smart-ass, the "Sit Down" and Shut Up!" noises whenever a guest was getting too out of line and him saluting the camera at the end of every episode. 

Subject: Re: The Richard Bey Show

Written By: KKay on 08/13/06 at 5:23 pm

yeah, i totally remember it!!!!
it was crazy.
and i can't believe you mentioned it!

wow. blast from the past.
huh.

Written By: packerhawk24 on 08/13/06 at 8:33 pm

I remember this show, and Bey hollering at his guests/audience.

Did this show start in the 80's? In Chicago it didn't run until 1995 when station WCIU flipped from ethnic/brokered programming to a mainstream independent (today it's one of the few independent stations left in the US after the emergence of the WB, UPN and PAX networks in the late 90's) and put it on. It only lasted a year or two.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/13/06 at 11:16 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!  I so remember this show!!  It used to come on in the daytime on WWOR.. Richard was so funny!  i was on google one night and looking up his naem.. What was the naem of the woman who co hosted with him?  Was it Marisol or something like that?  Wow!!! Funny huh?  Remember the Wally North Show?  That was funny too

Written By: ktelqueen on 08/14/06 at 12:26 am

yeah i remember him..and that just brought to mind the Morton Downey Jr Show  :P

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/14/06 at 1:54 am

yeah i remember him..and that just brought to mind the Morton Downey Jr Show  :P

OH!! Yuck, I remember that show too.. alot of screaming and smoking!LOL

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 08/14/06 at 1:55 pm

I remember him barely, but for some reason I don't think I watched the show in it's original air time.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/06 at 4:15 pm

Both seem to have "anger managment problems", him and Morton Downey.  ;D

I liked how Night Stand With Dick Dietrick, made fun out of how cheap, cheesy, and obnoxious, shows like The Richard Bey Show, Morton Downey Jr Show, and
Jerry Spinger were.  ::)  ;D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112097/

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/14/06 at 7:52 pm

hahaha - yeah I remember. Morton takes the cake though.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 08/15/06 at 2:47 am

hahaha - yeah I remember. Morton takes the cake though.

Lol.. I was thinking, those shows would be almost tame by todays crappy standards....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/15/06 at 12:25 pm

They make Montell and Maury look like wusses.  ;D  Some of the stuff on Donahue and Geraldo was pretty freaky too.  ;D

Favorite Geraldo moment....

The infamous opening of Al Capone's vault!  ;D

Written By: cryptsleeper79 on 08/16/06 at 12:40 am

i remember that show..used to watch it..it was intertaining...he was popular during the begining though...then it went down hill after that when the other talk shows where coming on..oh man he was stressing it on the air bad! i remember he used to give out money to to the people onstage just to stay or to do the act..something like that..and seeing how the seats were empty...it was sad though

Check for new replies or respond here...