inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for a song from 1989

Written By: Roxi_Summer on 08/22/06 at 11:13 am

The song title I believe is "Lola" and the artist sounds very much like Phil Collins. It was huge during 1989 on Canadian Radio (especially Energy 1200 in Ottawa). I think the group.artist is male and from Canada,

The song is not a remake of The Kinks Lola, as Andy Taylor did a remake of that. It's completely lyrically unique.

This will stump a lot of DJ's ... so if you can win a prize from stumping DJ's ... use this to help.

Kudos for the help and have a fab summer!

Roxi Summer

8)

Subject: Re: Looking for a song from 1989

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/06 at 11:18 am

The song title I believe is "Lola" and the artist sounds very much like Phil Collins. It was huge during 1989 on Canadian Radio (especially Energy 1200 in Ottawa). I think the group.artist is male and from Canada,

The song is not a remake of The Kinks Lola, as Andy Taylor did a remake of that. It's completely lyrically unique.

This will stump a lot of DJ's ... so if you can win a prize from stumping DJ's ... use this to help.

Kudos for the help and have a fab summer!

Roxi Summer

8)
Can you post some of the unique lyrical lyrics that could helps us?

Written By: whistledog on 08/22/06 at 1:47 pm

"Lola" was sung by Toyo.  I don't remember whether it was a group or a solo artist, but Toyo was/were 100% Canadian.  Lola was a popular radio hit, but on the official Canadian Singles Chart, it reached #87 in June of 1989

Written By: Roxi_Summer on 08/22/06 at 4:23 pm

Thank you so much for helping me with my quest. Any idea now as to where to get a copy of Toyo's Lola. If someone can send me a copy via MP3 or whatever, I would be willing to pay for it :)

Written By: cdunat on 12/30/08 at 2:58 pm

I have the song by Toyo you are looking for.  It's very Phil Collins-ish.  Let me know if you're still interested.

Written By: whistledog on 12/30/08 at 10:19 pm

I have the song by Toyo you are looking for.  It's very Phil Collins-ish.  Let me know if you're still interested.

I am interested.  Have you got an mp3 copy?

Written By: cdunat on 07/05/10 at 12:35 pm

I'll post it on Youtube tonight ... July 5, 2010.  

Check for new replies or respond here...