inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Journey New CDs

Written By: Chris1010 on 08/22/06 at 2:31 pm

Just found out that several of thhe Journey CDs have been re released....Soooo excited about ths one!

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/TalentDetails.jsp?talentId=209093

Subject: Re: Journey New CDs

Written By: Davester on 08/22/06 at 8:51 pm

W-o-o-o-o-o-h..!

It's about time the Journey catalog was cleaned-up and reissued...

I'm there...go ;)...

Written By: Tia on 08/22/06 at 9:17 pm

weird... i was just talking about journey today. which, trust me, is NOT something i do often.

now, are these remasters of old songs or actually a new album? i suppose i could follow the link...

Written By: Davester on 08/22/06 at 9:24 pm

weird... i was just talking about journey today. which, trust me, is NOT something i do often.

now, are these remasters of old songs or actually a new album? i suppose i could follow the link...

Just their old studio albums digitally remastered and reissued.  The difference is night-and-day...

I also noticed even the "Journey Greatest Hits", released in the eighties, is being reissued.  Go fig go ;)...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/06 at 9:41 pm

Is Steve Perry doing OK?  I heard he was suffering some long-term illness.

Written By: Perryfan on 09/02/06 at 9:23 am

Steve Perry had hip surgery after an injury during the time they were recording Trial By Fire.

Here's a recent picture of him at The School of Rock.

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL185/1236922/8206483/183687414.jpg

If you want some classic Journey, go buy the Houston Live '81 DVD/cd combo.  It is incredible!

Written By: Marty McFly on 09/02/06 at 1:15 pm

Just their old studio albums digitally remastered and reissued.  The difference is night-and-day...

I also noticed even the "Journey Greatest Hits", released in the eighties, is being reissued.  Go fig go ;)...

I just checked the site, and most of their '80s albums have bonus tracks (i.e. demos not available before on the original album). Escape, Frontiers and Raised On Radio are their best ones anyway. That's usually what'll get me to buy '80s remasters in general. Honestly some of the left off songs can be better than a few that made the album. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...