inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Found some rare 80's movie songs

Written By: hockeynut921 on 08/25/06 at 8:35 pm

I found some songs from Better Off Dead. Ferris Buller, and The Heavenly Kid, and Private School.  Any one interested.  Please contact me

Subject: Re: Found some rare 80's movie songs

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/06 at 9:35 pm

Care to tell us which ones they are, or is it your secret grab bag?
???

Written By: whistledog on 08/26/06 at 4:11 pm

"Private School" had a great cover version of the Modern Romance hit "Best Years of Our Lives" which was performed on the soundtrack by the group Mens Room (Canadian group best known for their cover of The Belle Stars' "Sign of the Times")

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/26/06 at 10:06 pm

"Private School" had a great cover version of the Modern Romance hit "Best Years of Our Lives" which was performed on the soundtrack by the group Mens Room (Canadian group best known for their cover of The Belle Stars' "Sign of the Times")

"Mens Room," I thought that was George Michael's new group!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rendeer.gif

Written By: whistledog on 08/26/06 at 10:18 pm

"Mens Room," I thought that was George Michael's new group!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_rendeer.gif

Yeah, it's a duo group between George Michael and Lance Bass.  Their debut single will be a cover of the Bardeux hit "When We Kiss"

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/06 at 1:30 pm

"Private School" also used Harry Nilsson's song, "You're Breaking my Heart" which can also be found on his "Son of Schmilsson" album.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/27/06 at 10:09 pm

"Private School" also used Harry Nilsson's song, "You're Breaking my Heart" which can also be found on his "Son of Schmilsson" album.

...and which contains the best opening line of any song that has ever been written, that ever will be written, and that ever could be written.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/06 at 11:50 am

...and which contains the best opening line of any song that has ever been written, that ever will be written, and that ever could be written.

Unfortunately, if the song is ever on the radio (which I have heard it once or twice), they totally ruin it.

Cat

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/31/06 at 3:45 am

I am seeking a copy of the song "Some Kind Of Magic", by OrKestra.

This song was featured in the movie "Summer Staff". (At least, I think that's the film's name!)

It's about a group of 17 & 18 year olds who spend their summer staffing a hotel.
The Main Counselor ends up getting her body dyed purple, as the result of a prank war, and gets tagged as "The Purple Pumpernickel".

One young lad named Herman gets condemned to the kitchen, with a sex-crazed transvestite cook.
Herman is afraid of girls, until he learns a few lessons from a call gril, and ends up seducing the obligatory "rich bitch" on the staff.

At the end of this B-film, the talented band OrKestra (led by former ELO members Mik Kaminski & Kelly Groucutt) at the hotel's party. This song is actually quite good, and way underrated, in my opinion.

(This song can also be found on their "Beyond the Dream" album.)

Written By: Raven Blacke on 05/03/11 at 9:44 pm

The name of the movie, as best as my research proves, is Summer Job, from 1989.

Here's a link to a critic's review site.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/summer_job/

Check for new replies or respond here...