inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nice 'n Wild?

Written By: Ed216 on 09/01/06 at 1:06 am

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out. OK, I have DirecTV satellite. I was flipping thru the music channels the other day. The ones that play only music, sort of like you know a radio station on tv. DirecTV carries XM Satellite radio. Anyway, I stopped on the all 80s music channel. I'm big on that one, since I grew up in the 70s and 80s. The song that was playing was by a group Nice n Wild. I don't know, the song was Diamond something or other. Doesn't really matter. I thought I'd heard of pretty much all the artists from the 80s. But I've never heard of Nice n Wild. Is anyone here familiar with them? I didn't catch the whole song, but I kinda liked what I  heard. So can anyone please tell me about them? Albums and such. What kind of music did they play? It was kind of dance sounding I thought. I thought it was real catchy. Did they ever have a hit song? I doubt it, since I've never heard of them. Or did they have any videos that were popular on MTV? How many albums did the release? I'm just curious, really. I don't know if I'd buy any albums of theirs if I could find them. But I might. So this is kind of basic research. Like I said I'm curious to know about them. So any information anyone can give me would be appreciated, thanks!

Subject: Re: Nice 'n Wild?

Written By: whistledog on 09/01/06 at 1:13 am

That song is "Diamond Girl"

Nice and Wild were a Freestyle/Dance trio of the late 80s popular in the club charts.  They never reached the Pop mainstream in either the US or Canada.  Not sure about other countries. 

Written By: Ed216 on 09/01/06 at 2:14 pm

Hey, thanks alot. That's very helpful. I might search on the Internet to see if I can any of their cds. I think I might enjoy them quite a bit.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 09/03/06 at 7:24 pm

Hell, yeah "Diamond Girl" is classic freestyle!!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...