inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nerds Candy in Plastic Nerd Shaped Containers

Written By: volkslion on 09/06/06 at 1:30 am

:)Can someone please please tell me that they remember the plastic nerd shaped containers full of the nerds candy.  I was a little kid when they came out and of course i lost all the ones that I had.  I remember that whatever color the container was, that was the color of the nerds inside.  Anyone have any pics or know of anyone that has any of these little containers?

Subject: Re: Nerds Candy in Plastic Nerd Shaped Containers

Written By: spaceace on 09/29/06 at 8:35 pm

Believe it not, I have a green nerd container that I got for Christmas.  (Unfortunatly, I ate all the candy)  I'm going to have to go up in my parents attic and get it. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/06 at 10:35 pm

I remember those. 

Now, don't shoot me or nothin,' but I never saw the appeal in Nerds candy.  Little bitty things that got stuck in your teeth and tasted like crap!  Maybe I was a bit old for the Nerds demographic.  My little brother loved 'em!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/29/06 at 10:39 pm

I remember those. 

Now, don't shoot me or nothin,' but I never saw the appeal in Nerds candy.  Little bitty things that got stuck in your teeth and tasted like crap!  Maybe I was a bit old for the Nerds demographic.  My little brother loved 'em!

I don't know what kind you were eating, but they never got stuck in my teeth and they didn't taste like crap either.  They're still one of my candy guilty pleasures. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/06 at 10:49 pm

Nerds, right? 

Weren't they crunchy little things with a very tart flavor?  I'm surprised nobody tried to freebase the things.  All those weird chemicals!

Speaking of '80s candy.  There's still a couple of stray Skittles on my desk from the bag I had the other night.  Skittles actually premiered in the UK all the way back in 1974, but I don't remember them before the big '84 marketing push from Mars, Inc.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 10:51 pm

they used to make my mouth get ulcers. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/06 at 10:54 pm

they used to make my mouth get ulcers. :-\\

Yeah, exactly!  Like Pop Rocks and Spree candy!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/happy10.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/29/06 at 10:55 pm

Yeah, exactly!  Like Pop Rocks and Spree candy!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/happy10.gif

ew ya...those too. :-\\

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/29/06 at 10:58 pm

Candy never gave me canker sores.  I'd get them whenever I got a cold or was really stressed out.  That was (usually) my cue that I was about to get sick.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/29/06 at 11:13 pm

I used to get canker sores from stress and certain processed foods, I think.  I rarely get them now. 

Some of the crystalline varieties of confections could rend oral lesions due to jagged edges and bring about mild infections.  Similarly, more acidic confections designed feel tart or fizzy on the palate could irritate one's tissues depending on sensitivity.
Rock candy, fizz candy, Pop Rocks, Spree, Pez, Nerds, Necco Wafers...they were all pretty weird!

Written By: spaceace on 09/30/06 at 5:17 pm

I ate nerds when they were avalible and free.  My vice was sweet-tarts.  I can't eat that stuff now, it makes my mouth sting. :P

Written By: Jenna on 03/13/09 at 12:13 am

:)Can someone please please tell me that they remember the plastic nerd shaped containers full of the nerds candy.  I was a little kid when they came out and of course i lost all the ones that I had.  I remember that whatever color the container was, that was the color of the nerds inside.  Anyone have any pics or know of anyone that has any of these little containers?

Remember them, ABSOLUTELY! I am trying to find them. Have you had any luck? Nerds rocked when we were little and still do!

Written By: hollys1mom on 08/12/12 at 10:47 pm

http://image.retrojunk.com/172_77892d33d7.jpg  ;)

Written By: GenXer on 11/07/12 at 11:27 pm

God, I remember eating those damn things daily back in 1982 lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...