inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Truth (UK Pop Group)

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/06 at 5:38 pm

Does anyone remember the British pop group The Truth?

http://eil.com/newgallery/The-Truth-Playground-340907.jpg

They had two UK Top 40 hits (and a bunch of minor hits to which I don't have UK placings for) ...

1983 - Confusion (Hits Us Every Time) < UK #22 >
1983 - A Step In The Right Direction < UK #32 >

They only broke the American chart once, but here in Canada, they had two entries into the charts ...

1985 - Exception of Love < CAN #66 >
1987 - Weapons of Love < CAN #61 > < US #65 >

Subject: Re: The Truth (UK Pop Group)

Written By: Paul on 09/07/06 at 5:50 pm

I certainly remember the name...but I can only hum one of the songs ('Confusion') from memory!

The front man (Dennis Greaves) used to be in a pub-rock band called Nine Below Zero, who promised big things, but the 'big things' never really happened...

The Truth only had one more British chart single after the above two...'No Stone Unturned' which reached #66 in early 1984...

Years before, there was another Truth...this duo hit #27 in early 1966 with a fairly pedestrian cover of The Beatles' 'Girl'...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/11 at 9:10 am

The truth is...

...I have never heard of them.

Written By: Bobo on 01/09/11 at 11:05 am

Years before, there was another Truth...this duo hit #27 in early 1966 with a fairly pedestrian cover of The Beatles' 'Girl'...

With which my favourite charts website appears to have this one confused... very strange stuff.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/09/11 at 11:07 am

With which my favourite charts website appears to have this one confused... very strange stuff.
The truth is...

...somewhere out there!

Written By: antony on 08/11/11 at 3:41 pm

Yes....I remember 'the Truth' and saw them in Concert in Cardiff - it was a great gig, early 80's and full of mods on scooters and in parkas, great fun!!!!  :)

Written By: Bobby on 08/15/11 at 7:59 pm

Wow, I have never heard of this band. I will have to Youtube them, Jason.

That is the truth (ho ho!). I prefer The Beatles version of 'Girl'. Truth's arrangement sounded far too depressing.

Check for new replies or respond here...