inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help me identify a music video

Written By: jasonr575 on 09/08/06 at 5:41 am

I am trying to identify a music video i remember watching. It has 2 or 3 guys dressed in suits that look kind of like neon shag (pink and blue).  they are dressed like some kind of ailen or monster and they are fighting, similar to a wresteling match. at some points they are taking turns hitting eachother in tune with the beat of the music.  I believe this was from the early 80s.  I cant remember the artist, the name of the song or even the words of the song.  So why am i trying to identify the song and video?  The new song out by madonna "hung up" or something like that has almost the same beat and it is driving me nuts trying to remember the 80s song that is like it.  Take a listen to the madonna song and then think back and if you can remember anything that sounds like it or you remember this video please let me know.  I know this is kind of silly but did you ever have something like this happen to you and it haunts you till you remember what it is?  Well i hope one of you 80s gurus can help.

Subject: Re: Help me identify a music video

Written By: Gis on 09/08/06 at 8:22 am

It wasn't a Pet Shop Boys video was it??

Written By: FaultyDog on 09/08/06 at 1:08 pm

I am trying to identify a music video i remember watching. It has 2 or 3 guys dressed in suits that look kind of like neon shag (pink and blue).  they are dressed like some kind of ailen or monster and they are fighting, similar to a wresteling match. at some points they are taking turns hitting eachother in tune with the beat of the music.  I believe this was from the early 80s.  I cant remember the artist, the name of the song or even the words of the song.  So why am i trying to identify the song and video?  The new song out by madonna "hung up" or something like that has almost the same beat and it is driving me nuts trying to remember the 80s song that is like it.  Take a listen to the madonna song and then think back and if you can remember anything that sounds like it or you remember this video please let me know.  I know this is kind of silly but did you ever have something like this happen to you and it haunts you till you remember what it is?  Well i hope one of you 80s gurus can help.

"Sounds" like a New Order video to me. I believe it's True Faith, but I could be wrong.

Written By: jasonr575 on 09/12/06 at 9:25 pm

Definately not Pet Shop,  i will check into the new order.  thanks, once i identify it i will tell you.

Written By: KKay on 09/12/06 at 9:38 pm

"Sounds" like a New Order video to me. I believe it's True Faith, but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure that's it and i taped it off vh1 recently.

Written By: Gis on 09/13/06 at 3:36 am

Now you mention that video yes I think you are right.

Written By: jasonr575 on 09/19/06 at 4:51 pm

Henk Wins!!  you are right, dont know how you got that with my description but good job,  thanks!!

Check for new replies or respond here...