inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "IT: The History of Music" (XM Radio/Winamp)

Written By: JunoD on 09/08/06 at 1:30 pm

For those of you who have "XM Satellite Radio", they have this program they run every year at the end of summer called "IT: The History of Pop Music"

What they do is play EVERY song that ever charted from 1930 until 1999.  This year they've expanded it from about 1920 until 2006.  It takes them about 2 months to complete it playing it non-stop without any breaks.  As of right now, they are in the 80's (October 1984, to be more precise).  They go from month to month playing every song that charted, basically they play every song that was ever on the radio.  As of this moment, they are currently playing "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham!.

It takes them normally around 17 Hours non-stop to get through 1 whole year.  They began the 80's portion of it back on Tuesday.

Anyway, just thought i'd let you people know.  OH and better yet, you can listen to it for free, you don't have to have XM.  Just download a program called "Winamp" and then open up the Media Library and you can actually listen to XM Radio for free on Winamp.  They have the 80's station so you guys can hear it if you want  :)

I probably should have posted this earlier when they began the 80's, but as of now they are in Late 1984, so there is still plenty left to go.  Enjoy!

Subject: Re: "IT: The History of Music" (XM Radio/Winamp)

Written By: JunoD on 09/10/06 at 9:25 am

I should have posted this earlier, but here's the actual "Playlist" of every song they play

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/XM8_IT_playlist.pdf

(You need Adobe Reader to see it)

Right now they are in October 1987.  The 80's edition of "IT" will end tommorrow at 12pm eastern, and then they move onto the 90's and then after that they will go from 2000-2006

Subject: Re: "IT: The History of Music" (XM Radio/Winamp)

Written By: JunoD on 09/10/06 at 9:28 am

I should have posted this earlier, but here's the actual "Playlist" of every song they play

http://www.xmradio.com/pdf/XM8_IT_playlist.pdf

(You need Adobe Reader to see it)

Right now they are in October 1987.  The 80's edition of "IT" will end tommorrow at 12pm eastern, and then they move onto the 90's and then after that they will go from 2000-2006

Sorry I made a mistake, I meant that the 80's edition of "IT" will end at 6PM tommorrow, not 12

Check for new replies or respond here...