inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TV stars swimming laps against each other

Written By: Satish on 09/18/06 at 9:13 pm

Back in the mid-80s, when I was just a little kid, I remember there was this game show on TV where actors from TV shows would race laps against each other in an Olympic sized swimming pool. I remember one episode had Alan Thicke on it when he was on "Growing Pains".

Anyone remember the show and know what it was called?

Subject: Re: TV stars swimming laps against each other

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 9:30 pm

I haven't thought about that in years.  I don't know if what you watched was the same as what I remember.  I lived in New York from 79 - 82 and they had this show on called Battle of the Network stars (usually once a year), and it was some crazy thing where the stars of TV shows formed teams based on what network they were on, for example it was NBC versus CBS versus ABC (I was always rooting for NBC).  It was truly great television and there seemed to be a lot to comraderie between the actors.  In the same vein I also remember one morning in the late 80's watching Charlie and Martin Sheen take on Michael Jordan in this Basketball skills thing.

Subject: Re: TV stars swimming laps against each other

Written By: robby76 on 09/19/06 at 12:10 am

Yes it sounds exactly like Battle of the Network Stars. I used to watch it at weekend lunchtimes. For some weird reason I distinctly remember Lorenzo Lamas being in one of them.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...