inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: M*A*S*H Annoyance

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 10:05 pm

Did anyone else find it annoying when Radar was wooing some 'sophisticate' and was told that when she mentioned something cultural to which he was unaware he was to repeat the coment and nod his head i.e. "Ahhhhhh Bach".  I can't tell you why but I found the entire scene and the episode annoying.

Subject: Re: M*A*S*H Annoyance

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 10:11 pm

That deserved a thread?

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 10:16 pm

I just thought I would shake things up a little, doesn't it get tiring with the same "Favorite 80's song", "What 80's teen star are you", and "Wasn't Goonies great" style threads.  This entire site will either die or go continuously around in circles if the threads are all that shallow (not that there is a problem with that, just a little biodiversity is good, maybe).

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 10:17 pm

I just thought I would shake things up a little, doesn't it get tiring with the same "Favorite 80's song", "What 80's teen star are you", and "Wasn't Goonies great" style threads.  This entire site will either die or go continuously around in circles if the threads are all that shallow (not that there is a problem with that, just a little biodiversity is good, maybe).

No it won't.

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 10:21 pm

You're probably right.

Written By: Davester on 09/18/06 at 10:40 pm

Did anyone else find it annoying when Radar was wooing some 'sophisticate' and was told that when she mentioned something cultural to which he was unaware he was to repeat the coment and nod his head i.e. "Ahhhhhh Bach".  I can't tell you why but I found the entire scene and the episode annoying.

Yeah, I know the episode you're talking about...

I'd go further still and say the character "Radar O'Reilly " is not only annoying in that episode, but at all  times.  I realize the character was an integral part of the show, but I wouldn't have been too upset if Radar had simply disappeared early-on in the series like "Spear Chucker Jones"...

I found him annoying and distracting in much the same way as "Woodstock" on Peanuts, "Tweety Bird" on Looney Tunes and "Ed" on Northern Exposure groove ;) on...

Edited: Typo...

Written By: Davester on 09/18/06 at 11:35 pm

You really  want a thread to last well beyond it's shelf life, give it a title such as...

"I Like To Move It In Radar O'Reilly's HammaPantz" or somesuch... ::) :P

go ;)...

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 11:52 pm

Thanks Davester, what it should actually be titled is

"I'd like to move a claw hammer around in Radar O'Reilly's pants"

Written By: Davester on 09/19/06 at 12:03 am

Thanks Davester, what it should actually be titled is

"I'd like to move a claw hammer around in Radar O'Reilly's pants"

Heh...

Yeah, nice touch...

go ;)...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/06 at 11:28 am

I love M*A*S*H and know the episode. The funny thing is, everytime my husband and I even mentions Bach, we say it as "Ahhhhhh Bach" with the hand gesture.  ;D ;D 

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/19/06 at 11:30 pm

I like Alan Alda, but M*A*S*H never did much for me.  I recognize its quality, but it seemed like a more sophisticated version of "Gomer Pyle USMC," "Hogan's Heroes," or "McHale's Navy." 
(At least "McHale's Navy" had Joe Flynn's Captain Binghamton, "McHale! What's going on here? What! What! What!  This better not be another one of your bird-brained schemes, McHale!")
:D

Written By: Davester on 09/20/06 at 12:31 am

I like Alan Alda, but M*A*S*H never did much for me.  I recognize its quality, but it seemed like a more sophisticated version of "Gomer Pyle USMC," "Hogan's Heroes," or "McHale's Navy." 
(At least "McHale's Navy" had Joe Flynn's Captain Binghamton, "McHale! What's going on here? What! What! What!  This better not be another one of your bird-brained schemes, McHale!")
:D

I've said before, and I'll say it again...

No one spouts clich

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/20/06 at 10:54 am

I was a huge M*A*S*H fan when I was a kid.  Our local stations aired it at 5:00 pm and at 10:30 pm, and I never missed an episode.  I pretty much burned myself out by the age of 12.  I know that episode, and yeah, I found it annoying too.  Radar was loveable, but grating at the same time.  Kind of like the show itself...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/22/06 at 3:18 am

I found Alan Alda annoying.

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/22/06 at 11:07 pm

8) M*A*S*H 4077th....was a complete joy for me...It came on at 10:30..( before that it was GunSmoke...another Classic).....I know ev eppie too..I even bought the boxed set...It just brings back good memories of my parents letting me stay up late to watch a show with them...My uncle was in the Korean war.. He was a Sniper..I am just into war stuff

Written By: Davester on 09/23/06 at 10:46 am

8) M*A*S*H 4077th....was a complete joy for me...It came on at 10:30..( before that it was GunSmoke...another Classic).....I know ev eppie too..I even bought the boxed set...It just brings back good memories of my parents letting me stay up late to watch a show with them...My uncle was in the Korean war.. He was a Sniper..I am just into war stuff

Yup.  I have all the seasons on DVD, so far.  Ten down, one to go...

What's this talk I'm hearing of FOX re-releasing all the DVD seasons once again, with the exception that the outtakes, interviews, behind the scenes and commentary will be included this time..?

Know anything about this..? go ;)...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/06 at 1:06 pm

What's this talk I'm hearing of FOX re-releasing all the DVD seasons once again, with the exception that the outtakes, interviews, behind the scenes and commentary will be included this time..?

We DID have all but the last but had to send Season 9 back because of a messed up disc. Still need to get that one. Season 11 (the last) should be out in Dec.

I haven't heard anything about the re-release.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 09/23/06 at 1:40 pm

We DID have all but the last but had to send Season 9 back because of a messed up disc. Still need to get that one. Season 11 (the last) should be out in Dec.

I haven't heard anything about the re-release.

Cat

Never fails I receive a M*A*S*H set in the mail and at least one of the discs has popped-out and is rattling around loose inside the case...

Maybe I should try, like, you know, going to the store and buying them.  Novel idea, no..? go ;)...

I'll try to find a link to the rumored DVD caper for ya...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/23/06 at 3:13 pm

Never fails I receive a M*A*S*H set in the mail and at least one of the discs has popped-out and is rattling around loose inside the case...

Maybe I should try, like, you know, going to the store and buying them.  Novel idea, no..? go ;)...

I'll try to find a link to the rumored DVD caper for ya...

The problem we have had is not so much as the disc popping out, but at least one episode won't play.  >:(  I don't know how many discs we have had to return.  >:( >:( >:(

Cat

Written By: GREEN67 on 09/23/06 at 11:16 pm

8) the bad thing is..I bought the VHS set...NOW I have to get the DVD set...I imagine when I finally get that...it will be on something else and DVD's will be Obsolete!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...