inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Karate Kid anomaly

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 10:36 pm

I have a problem with a scene in the Karate Kid where Daniel and Ally are on the beach with their friends listening to music and playing soccer.  My problem is just after Daniel (he isn't Danielsan at this stage) has finished juggling the ball, Ally takes it and says something like "I'll show you something" and then proceeds to boot the ball in the opposite direction a long way, as if to say 'fetch that you loser'.  I have always found this scene perplexing, does this ring true with anyone else.

Subject: Re: Karate Kid anomaly

Written By: whistledog on 09/18/06 at 11:06 pm

You read way to much into things ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/18/06 at 11:28 pm

These threads will eclipse the Decadeology threads for overall inanity fairly soon.

Written By: dcs84 on 09/18/06 at 11:45 pm

You should of see some of the topics I wanted to raise......"Why, in 'The Empire Strikes Back' after the Hoth battle, does Luke just walk to his X-Wing and take off, untrammelled, and yet the Millenium Falcon, which flies past him, is pursued by half the Imperial Fleet", or "What was the reason the late George Harrison released two different video clips for the song 'Got my Mind Set on You'" or "Is it just me or is the world a far crappier place since the death of Communism"....I could go on and on.  But I won't , or maybe I will.

Written By: Davester on 09/19/06 at 12:16 am

You should of see some of the topics I wanted to raise......"Why, in 'The Empire Strikes Back' after the Hoth battle, does Luke just walk to his X-Wing and take off, untrammelled, and yet the Millenium Falcon, which flies past him, is pursued by half the Imperial Fleet", or "What was the reason the late George Harrison released two different video clips for the song 'Got my Mind Set on You'" or "Is it just me or is the world a far crappier place since the death of Communism"....I could go on and on.  But I won't , or maybe I will.

Oh dude..!

You must visit the RebelScum: Classic Trilogy forums.  I hang out there quite a bit when I'm not here...groove ;) on...

And to the topic - I need to watch Karate Kid again.  It's been awhile...

Written By: robby76 on 09/19/06 at 10:58 am

;D I'm on Rebelscum, but I hang out in the collecting forums. Well not a lot now but I have been known to.

Written By: DJ Midas on 09/19/06 at 6:54 pm

I have a problem with a scene in the Karate Kid where Daniel and Ally are on the beach with their friends listening to music and playing soccer.  My problem is just after Daniel (he isn't Danielsan at this stage) has finished juggling the ball, Ally takes it and says something like "I'll show you something" and then proceeds to boot the ball in the opposite direction a long way, as if to say 'fetch that you loser'.  I have always found this scene perplexing, does this ring true with anyone else.

Yeah, when I first saw it back in '84, I was like, get yer own ball, stupid west-coast bish!  And the last time I saw it, I was like, yer dumbass brother can't act, bish!  "Allisoooonn....."

:D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/19/06 at 11:09 pm

Maybe the Karate Kid anomaly is like the Footloose anomaly.  If Ariel is on Ren's side, why does she "volunteer" to issue the challenge for playing chicken on the tractors with the redneck kid?  Maybe both Ali and Ariel are giving a nudge to a reluctant hero.  Could be?

Speaking of Footloose, if Ren moves to bible-thumping, no dancing Podunk, Illinoise, why oh why praytell does the high school have a male gymnastics program?  OK, maybe you could say gymnastics is not a sexual overture like dancing, but wouldn't such a toootal hick town where girls are girls and men are men consider male gymnistics a bit, you know, f@ggy? 
:-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/20/06 at 11:01 am

Speaking of Footloose, if Ren moves to bible-thumping, no dancing Podunk, Illinoise, why oh why praytell does the high school have a male gymnastics program?  OK, maybe you could say gymnastics is not a sexual overture like dancing, but wouldn't such a toootal hick town where girls are girls and men are men consider male gymnistics a bit, you know, f@ggy? 
:-\\

Footloose was filmed in a little town south of Salt Lake, that isn't too far off from the town in the movie.  And I think it's safe to assume that Male Gymnastics would be about as welcome in that area as Madonna.  ::)

BTW, I like your threads dcs84.  Diversity makes the world go 'round... 

Written By: Davester on 09/21/06 at 11:25 am

;D I'm on Rebelscum, but I hang out in the collecting forums. Well not a lot now but I have been known to.

Ah, another scumbag...

My main hangout was the collecting forums, as well....go...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/22/06 at 1:35 am

Footloose was filmed in a little town south of Salt Lake, that isn't too far off from the town in the movie.  And I think it's safe to assume that Male Gymnastics would be about as welcome in that area as Madonna.   ::)

BTW, I like your threads dcs84.  Diversity makes the world go 'round... 

"Slaughter House Five, that's a classic!"
"Where is it a classic?"
"It may be a classic where YOU come frm!"
"Tom Sawyer's a classic."

Written By: whistledog on 09/22/06 at 1:37 am

I wonder if there will ever be a 5th installment of the Karate Kid?  Knowing Hollywood, it's probably in the works

Only Pat Morita can play Miyagi, and he's no longer with us  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 09/22/06 at 10:58 am

I wonder if there will ever be a 5th installment of the Karate Kid?  Knowing Hollywood, it's probably in the works

Only Pat Morita can play Miyagi, and he's no longer with us  :\'(

knowing hollywood they will just take scenes from the first four films and digitally add them to the fifth film.  Miyagi lives

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/06 at 6:42 pm

knowing hollywood they will just take scenes from the first four films and digitally add them to the fifth film.  Miyagi lives

Yeah, that's how they got Burgess Meredith into Rocky V!

Check for new replies or respond here...