inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bob's Big Boy Commercial in 1985

Written By: Robertfranklin on 09/23/06 at 4:56 pm

I would like to acquire a copy of the television commercial that Bob's Big Boy Restaurant in California aired during the 1985 Super Bowl XIX game in Los Angeles.

The commercial was asking for its customers to vote if Bob, the company mascot, if he should stay or if he should go.

Anyone who knows how a copy of that commercial can be acquired, please reply.  :D

Subject: Re: Bob's Big Boy Commercial in 1985

Written By: WalkerP20 on 09/23/06 at 10:59 pm

Stop it with all of these seperate topics

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/24/06 at 1:47 am

I would like to acquire a copy of the television commercial that Bob's Big Boy Restaurant in California aired during the 1985 Super Bowl XIX game in Los Angeles.

The commercial was asking for its customers to vote if Bob, the company mascot, if he should stay or if he should go.

Anyone who knows how a copy of that commercial can be acquired, please reply.   :D
Have you tried contacting the Press Office of Bob's Big Boy Restaurant asking the very same question?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/24/06 at 2:46 pm

Have you tried contacting the Press Office of Bob's Big Boy Restaurant asking the very same question?

Gosh.  I never thought Bob's Big Boy had a press office, but they must have something like that!  What's this obsession with the commercials for Superbowl XIX anyway?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/25/06 at 1:48 am

Gosh.  I never thought Bob's Big Boy had a press office, but they must have something like that!  What's this obsession with the commercials for Superbowl XIX anyway?
I think RF wants to acquire the commercial as cheaply as possible.

Written By: Robertfranklin on 09/26/06 at 9:33 pm

Back then is when all of that Super Bowl commercial hype got started. In 1985 Pacific Telephone in Los Angeles and maybe in New York, and Apple Computer both had a scary commercial of their own playing during the Super Bowl XIX game. Boy's Big Boy was also involved, but not like the two aforementioned companies. Even Jimmy Swaggart on that Super Bowl Sunday morning was repeating some of the same rhetoric stuff Pacific Telephone had in their commercial. You may have heard of the "Apple 1984" commercial. That commercial played for the first time during the 1984 Super Bowl game, but 1985 is where things really got wild. Those commercials back then were scary and not funny, and cutesy like they are today.  :-[

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/06 at 11:53 pm

Back then is when all of that Super Bowl commercial hype got started. In 1985 Pacific Telephone in Los Angeles and maybe in New York, and Apple Computer both had a scary commercial of their own playing during the Super Bowl XIX game. Boy's Big Boy was also involved, but not like the two aforementioned companies. Even Jimmy Swaggart on that Super Bowl Sunday morning was repeating some of the same rhetoric stuff Pacific Telephone had in their commercial. You may have heard of the "Apple 1984" commercial. That commercial played for the first time during the 1984 Super Bowl game, but 1985 is where things really got wild. Those commercials back then were scary and not funny, and cutesy like they are today.   :-[

I sort of remember watching Superbowl XIX, but not terribly well.  I wasn't into sports.  I always ended up watching the Superbowl because no matter where I was, it was on!

Written By: Tia on 04/09/09 at 1:48 pm

interestingly, i googled superbowl XIX bob's big boy and got this.

Web Images Maps News Video Mail more â–¼Shopping
Google  Advanced Search
Preferences

Web Results 1 - 10 of 10 for "Super Bowl XIX" "Bob's Big Boy". (0.77 seconds)
Search ResultsBob's Big Boy Commercial in 1985I would like to acquire a copy of the television commercial that Bob's Big Boy Restaurant in California aired during the 1985 Super Bowl XIX game in Los ...
www.inthe00s.com/archive/inthe80s/smf/1159048596.shtml - 18k - Cached - Similar pages -
About

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/09 at 6:17 pm

This thread is like a Bob's Big Boy burger...you never know when it's gonna come back up!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...