inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crowded House Albums

Written By: whistledog on 09/25/06 at 1:20 am

I always liked "Temple of Low Men" the best!  The singles "Sister Madly" and "Better Be Home Soon" were both popular here, the latter which still remains one of my favourite ballads of the 80s

Subject: Re: Crowded House Albums

Written By: Davester on 09/25/06 at 7:18 am

Difficult to choose just one - Went with Woodface...

"Sister Madly" is a very good song, BTW...

A few weeks ago I received the Woodface LP that I had ordered.  It's a Mexican promotional copy.  Pretty cool.  Sound quality..?  E-h-h...

Crowded House rocks..! groove ;) on...

Written By: maddog on 09/25/06 at 11:04 am

Definitely "Woodface" for me, with great memories of a small gig that the band did here in Manchester, UK, in late 1990.

The band arrived in the UK with Tim Finn still as part of the band but on the first night of their UK tour, Tim left the band.
So when they came onstage in this small venue in Manchester (The Academy, I'd guess its capacity is 500 people max), someone shouted out "Where's Tim!?" and Neil went into a long dialog with the crowd about why Tim felt it wasn't right to carry on with the band.

After that, they went on to play one of the best gigs I've ever seen, really great interaction and dialog between the band and the audience. It was part rock concert and part comedy show.
At one point when they played "Chocolate Cake" from the album, someone passed up a chocolate cake to the bassist (Nick Seymour) and he ate it whole in one go!

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 10/11/06 at 12:46 pm

I chose Temple of Low Men. I LOVE their first album, but Temple of Low Men had some great stuff, too.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 10/14/06 at 8:50 am

The original :

Crowded House (1986)

for me :)

Written By: mandamoo on 10/21/06 at 7:58 am

Crowded House (1986)

Written By: kairi747 on 10/24/06 at 6:46 pm

love the first one!  ;D

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/24/06 at 7:10 pm

Very much a tie between all 4. All the albums they released had too many great tracks, it's not possible to pick just one.  :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...