inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tom Cruise is going downhill!

Written By: sippiecup on 10/02/06 at 5:49 pm

He used to do such great flicks in the 80's! Man oh man! I loved him in Risky Business...Top Gun...Cocktail...and list came to a hault pretty much afte he started taking on these bizarre roles (starting with Vanilla Sky), I think due to his biZARRE behavior! He's a weirdo! Studio sets on War of the World complained cuz he surrounded sets with Scientology booths! And today I was playin Gold Rush on aol (trying to win me some MULA!), and it's got celeb/movie trivia which is entertaining...well it was entertaining to find Tom eats Veal lol! You would just think with all these rules and regulations he gives Katie and his daughter, he wouldn't be so fast to eat Meat...whatever!

Subject: Re: Tom Cruise is going downhill!

Written By: whistledog on 10/02/06 at 6:02 pm

::)

Written By: spaceace on 10/02/06 at 10:31 pm

Tom Cruise reminds me a lot of Howard Hughes, Liz Taylor, and in some ways Michael Jackson.  It's not thinking they're God.  It's generally being "Out of Touch" with most of society.  They put themselves in a mindset of delusion of grandeur (beyond their career) or paranoia. :-\\

Written By: slwoodward2 on 10/04/06 at 1:20 pm

If I see him on the cover of one more magazine, I'm going to scream!

Written By: whistledog on 10/04/06 at 1:21 pm

If I see him on the cover of one more magazine, I'm going to scream!

Scream away :D

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2002/1101020624_400.jpg

Written By: woops on 10/04/06 at 3:47 pm

A decent actor in his time with several good movies, now full of himself

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/28/07 at 1:08 pm

Even more proof that Tom Cruise is completely insane:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23414203-details/Tom+Cruise+building+'%A35m+bunker+to+protect+against+alien+attack'/article.do

Written By: snozberries on 09/28/07 at 8:34 pm

My friends will tell you that I was a Tom Cruise fan before most of you even knew his name I remember him from Endless Love, The Outsiders and Taps.  This was before Risky Business & All the Right Moves came out.  (Both of these films were in the local theater the same week and I cut school to go see them  :o ).

I always felt/feared that Tom Cruise would die young (like James Dean). I guess my fears were prophetic just not literal because I feel like he has killed his career with his over the top antics.  Truthfully, only scientogists understand their religion but not all scientologist are crazy about spewing it and forcing it onto the rest of the world.

I got into an argument with my religous father because I, being anti-religon, often say that God seems to find the craziest people he can to spout His word. I mean, people who have faith rarely run around trying to convince you to come over to their side. they quietly practice their faith and co-exsist among the rest of us.  The ones activily recruiting for God's are often loud, obnoxious and unyeilding. This is what Tom Cruise has become to Scientology... hmmm most people forget that John Travolta is a Scientologist but that's because HE ACTS NORMAL....

I miss my old tom. 

Written By: anthead on 09/29/07 at 8:07 am

ok it's true, this guy is a real zero...

but what do we really expect from our celebs? i mean the dude can act; plus, we get the pleasure of watching him melt down on camera from time to time.

hell, all huge celebrities are kind of nutty, what do you expect from someone who gets paid millions and is surrounded 24-7 by people telling them "you're a genius" all the time?

brad pitt is of subnormal intelligence and hilariously tries to sound smart every time he speaks
prince is whacko
de niro is an affected, mumbling loon
john travolta has a lot of weird scientology hang-ups, and the whole captain uniform thing in it's self is nutty.
jack nicholson has been doing an impression of himself for 20 years
madonna is not european
russel crow has an anger problem
billy crystal thinks he was a yankee in the 60's and wont shut up about baseball
sean penn used to punch cameramen

on and on and on...

so anyway, whenever one of my favorite famous persons is having a little freak-out fit, or accidentally showing their eccentricities to the camera, i like to break out the popcorn, get comfy, and have a good laugh.

btw, i'll always respect tom cruise for lending his massive star power to p.t. anderson's film "magnolia" 

Check for new replies or respond here...