inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: cough commercial from the '80s

Written By: star500 on 10/04/06 at 11:07 am

I know someone posted a topic similiar to this last January but I wonder if anyone remembers this cough commercial from the '80s. It is driving me crazy cause I'm not sure of the brand name. It is either Dimetapp or Benylin. It is a person sitting at a table of a restaurant (I think!) and they are drinking there coffee and all of a sudden they let out a monster cough and they look really scary for a minute and then go back to normal and they show the brand name of the medicine on the screen. This commerical used to scare me as a child.

It may have only aired in Canada but I get the feeling that it may have aired in the USA too. It came on when I was around 3, 4 and 5 years old and usually around Christmas time because my mom taped it by accident on a few of the Christmas specials she taped for me over the years.

If anyone remembers this, PLEASE HELP!!! I was so young when I saw this commercial and I'm not sure if I imagined it or if it was real.

Subject: Re: cough commercial from the '80s

Written By: Tam on 10/04/06 at 11:12 am

Sounds like a Buckley's commercial.
Mom used to say Buckley's will cure ya, or it will kill ya!

That's about the only one I can remember being remotely like what you have explained.

Tam

Check for new replies or respond here...