inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for toy of the 80's- cosmetics

Written By: slwoodward2 on 10/04/06 at 1:11 pm

There were little miniture cosmetics in the 80's and they had a doll on the front, the hair being real (like barbie hair "real"). For instance, the powder compact would have the doll's face on the front and would be attached to a string to wear it as a necklace. They were almost like transformers but very girlie. There was lipstick, eyeshadow, powder, etc.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or what the name of these cosmetics were? It's driving me crazy. I've looked up all these 80's toys websites and cannot find them anywhere.

Subject: Re: PLEASE HELP!!! Looking for toy of the 80's- cosmetics

Written By: Tam on 10/04/06 at 2:27 pm

I know exactly what you are talking about because my sister had a bunch of them.
Unfortunately I can't think of the name right now....

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/17/11 at 11:46 pm

We nailed the one with the doll with the image that got filed at the patent office in less than 24 hours.  Let's give this one a go.

Written By: karen on 05/18/11 at 10:47 am

NOt sure if this is what you were thinking of

sweet secrets

It mentions dolls/lockets/cosmetics but the picture doesn't quite match the description - to me anyway.

for sale now on ebay

Check for new replies or respond here...