inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 1980s Sears Christmas Wishbook action figure scans!

Written By: action-figures.ca on 10/18/06 at 4:58 pm

I was finally able to scan in most of the Sears Wishbooks I have and put up a section on my Website featuring the pages. I still have a few Canadian catalogs as well as a few from Eatons, JC Penny & Montgomery wards to add. Still on the lookout for the years I am missing for Sears, so keep checking back for new ones in the months to come.

Check it out, lots of cool 80s toy pics!
http://www.action-figures.ca/action_figure_catalogs.htm

Subject: Re: 1980s Sears Christmas Wishbook action figure scans!

Written By: Davester on 10/19/06 at 4:01 am

Ah, now this is good stuff..!  Thanks for posting..! go ;)...

Edited to add:
   Notice, anything Star Wars  toys, so popular in the late seventies/early eighties, has pretty much gone by the wayside in favor of the flavor of the month after about 1984...

No new films on the horizon...Star Wars  has begun to fizzle-out.  The target demographic is entering their teens about now...

Neat stuff, this...

Written By: robby76 on 10/22/06 at 9:53 am

An absolute goldmine! The only thing better than the toy... is the catalogue!!!

Written By: whistledog on 10/22/06 at 7:18 pm

Those are awesome.  It's neat looking through old catalogues and see all the cool toys.  I actually had some of those toys in there

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/01/06 at 9:25 pm

Thanks!  You rule!

Written By: Jeffpcmt on 11/07/06 at 7:35 pm

Very cool.  I remember gazing through those catalogs over and over.

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/08/06 at 10:21 am

i used to have that ghostbusters projector but didn't remember i had it until i saw the picture.  truly awesome.  thanks so much for sharing this.  brought back a lot of great memories!

Written By: mitch1987 on 11/08/06 at 12:39 pm

Nice scans and thanks!! I've been meaning to do that for a while but have never gotten around to it. I collect catalogs as well.I think I have all Sears wishbooks from about 1976 to 1991 as well and Eatons, Woodwards, Consumers Distributing and even Woolco. Nothing better than having the catalogs as far as reverence material. It really takes you back in time more than anything else I find. I have them mainly for the toys ( since I collect GI Joe and Star Wars) but I love eveything from the TVs, stereos, furniture to the clothing and automotive part sections.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 11/08/06 at 3:20 pm

Gee, even though I wasn't all that much into action figures, these scans (with the front covers) bring back a lot of memories, because when you didn't have a computer back then, a catalog was a lot of fun to look through when there wasn't a whole lot to do - and some of those images stay stuck in your mind's eye for years and years!

This is one "guest" that ought to stick around  ;)

Taking a closer look, I actually had that Princess Shera castle (the one that had all the clouds surrounding the bottom of it) shown in the 1986 catalog (the first page scaned next to the cover). Now I know what year it came out.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...