inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bertie Higgins

Written By: Ed216 on 11/07/06 at 10:09 pm

Hi all. I haven't posted anything for a while. A couple days ago I heard a song I hadn't heard in a long time. One of my favorite one hit wonders from the 80s Key Largo by Bertie Higgins. I still really like that song and it sounds great every time I hear it.  I always wondered why he never had another hit. I think he had a great voice and he deserved more success than he got.  It's really a shame he didn't have more hits than that.  I saw on tv a couple years after the song came out, that he had gotten back together with his girlfriend that he had written the song about. Which was what he was hoping for. I seem to remember though that at some point they had broken up again, but I might be wrong. So, does anyone else know whatever happened to him? I assume he got out of the music business a long time ago. But I wonder what he's doing now and is he even still alive? Just one of those things I'm curious about. It's music's loss that he didn't have a more successful career, I think he could have had more hits and become a big star if radio had had more interest. If anyone knows anything about what happened to him, I'd really like to know thanks!

Subject: Re: Bertie Higgins

Written By: whistledog on 11/07/06 at 10:27 pm

Bertie Higgins was the drummer for Tommy Roe in the 60s.  As a solo artist, he had a follow-up to "Key Largo" called "Just Another Day in Paradise" which hit #46 on Billboard.  Some people don't see that as a hit, but I do :)

As well, Bertie had a few minor hits on the Billboard Country charts ...

1982 - Key Largo
1983 - Just Another Day in Paradise
1988 - You Blossom Me
1989 - Homeless People

Check for new replies or respond here...