inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: a-ha - Scoundrel days

Written By: analogue on 11/19/06 at 5:29 pm

Anyone heard this album? It's amazing, it have really stood the test of time and some of  the songs on there sound more current now than what they did in the 80's. Some real great tracks on there like Scoundrel days, The swing of things, I've been losing you, Manhattan skyline, The weight of the wind

And if you do get a chance to listen to it and expect to here cheap Take on me knock off's you'll be very much mistaken

Subject: Re: a-ha - Scoundrel days

Written By: whistledog on 11/19/06 at 6:41 pm

I liked "Scoundrel Days".  "Cry Wolf" and "Manhattan Skyline" were great! 8)

The best a-ha LP in the 80s I thought was the one following this release, "Stay on These Roads"  :)

Written By: Chasey on 11/20/06 at 2:33 pm

Scoundrel Days represented a more mature sounding album, certainly from a lyrical standpoint.  It's a classic for sure, and has stood the test of time...but even if it hadn't I wouldn't care.

:)

Written By: Gidgxx on 11/24/06 at 9:19 pm

I remember Scoundrel Days on cassette for a christmas present, back in the 80's. This was one of my favorite albums. Aha is one of my favorite bands too.

Written By: DJ Midas on 11/27/06 at 10:00 pm

Indeed a good album.  My faves include "Cry Wolf" and "I've Been Losing You".  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...