inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The mini-series Anne Of Green Gables.

Written By: spaceace on 11/23/06 at 3:11 pm

Does anyone remember it?  It aired in 1985.  It starred Megan Follows as Ann. :)

Subject: Re: The mini-series Anne Of Green Gables.

Written By: whistledog on 11/23/06 at 8:56 pm

I remember it yes and I liked it! :)

It remains one of the most successful Canadian mini-series of all time.  There was a sequel called "Anne of Avonlea" that spawned a TV series called "Road to Avonlea" that ran for some 7 seasons, as well as a 3rd film in 2000 titled "Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story"

What I loved best about the series was the music from the late great Hagood Hardy (who is perhaps best remembered for the Salada Tea jingle "The Homecoming" which became an international hit in 1975)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/23/06 at 9:46 pm

I remember the mini series, can't say that I really liked it.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 11/23/06 at 9:46 pm

My daughter and wife love that show. They've rented DVDs and I guess it's been on PBS a couple of times. As for me, http://home.socal.rr.com/bonniek/animations/smileys/shaking_head.gif I've never watched it.
(I have chick flick mentality)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/23/06 at 10:44 pm

Oh definitely! My sisters and I used to watch it all the time!!

Written By: spaceace on 11/24/06 at 2:31 pm

My friend has all 3 DVDs.  I like how it was produced.  It's not as fake as some like Little House on the Prarie. :)

Written By: Gidgxx on 11/24/06 at 9:13 pm

I liked the mini series. Might have to pick up the dvd sometime.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/25/06 at 12:31 pm

My step-daughter has (at least she used to have) the series on video (she recorded them when they first aired). I have watched it. Very good series.

Cat

Written By: star500 on 11/25/06 at 2:40 pm

We have the first and second movies but not the third. I was more of a fan of the books then the movies. My 12-year old cousin however LOVES the movies and got my aunt to buy them on DVD and watches them over and over again.

Written By: spaceace on 11/25/06 at 2:44 pm

We have the first and second movies but not the third. I was more of a fan of the books then the movies. My 12-year old cousin however LOVES the movies and got my aunt to buy them on DVD and watches them over and over again.

Isn't there about 8 books that L.M. Mongomery wrote about Ann?

Written By: star500 on 11/26/06 at 5:51 pm

Isn't there about 8 books that L.M. Mongomery wrote about Ann?

Yeah, there are 8 books. I only read the first 4 books. I wanted to read the 5th one, Anne's House of Dreams but I couldn't find it at the library so I gave up and then slowly outgrew the books.

Written By: spaceace on 11/26/06 at 5:57 pm

Yeah, there are 8 books. I only read the first 4 books. I wanted to read the 5th one, Anne's House of Dreams but I couldn't find it at the library so I gave up and then slowly outgrew the books.

I've only read one.

Check for new replies or respond here...