inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: HELP!! teddy in orange pants.

Written By: shana on 12/08/06 at 2:33 am

this has been bugging me for far too long now...

can anyone remember the name of an old kid's tv series where there was a teddy bear in orange pants?

the show wasn't animated like cartoon...it featured real teddy bears that moved around...there were no actual humans in the show, but a narrator was the voice of the stuffed animals in the background.

i recall most vividly an episode where the teddy bear in orange shorts (who was pretty much the leader)
made an olympics type thing for all the play room toys, and they made tinfoil trophies for the winners.

i think the premise was that when the kids went out to play the toys started to have their own fun...and it was like a story being told about what these toys were doing.

HELP!!!

Subject: Re: HELP!! teddy in orange pants.

Written By: shana on 12/08/06 at 2:34 am

this should probably have been posted in the '90's section...seing as how it would've been an early 90's tv show or very late '80's.

Written By: Gis on 12/08/06 at 3:31 am

I'm pretty sure you are talking about 'Old Bear and friends' It is based on the books about Old Bear by Jane Hissey, and yes it was the 90's when it came out. Little bear is the one with the orange trousers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jane-Hisseys-Old-Bear-Friends/dp/B00004COG7 

Written By: shana on 12/08/06 at 11:51 am

I LOVE YOU!

seriously, i could hug you right now...

this has been driving me crazy for over 6 months....and everyone i asked told me i made the entire show up!  :D

thank-you, for the sanity.

Written By: Gis on 12/09/06 at 12:35 pm

I LOVE YOU!

seriously, i could hug you right now...

this has been driving me crazy for over 6 months....and everyone i asked told me i made the entire show up!  :D

thank-you, for the sanity.
No worries, I have it on tape, I love it.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...