inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s men's fashions / footwear

Written By: BryanLeitgieb on 12/20/06 at 7:53 am

hi folks!!

i'm DYING to get my feet into some cool 80's footwear -  but here's the problem:  80's sneakers are HARD as hell to find !!!!  and the market is so competitive, they are REALLY expensive!!  high top sneakers i'm talking about, of course.   
thrift stores are FULL of old boots and such,  but i'm BRAND NEW on the shoe-shopping scene and i really don't know what i'm looking for.  very little footwear is shown on album covers and what not -  i'm not looking for anything too crazy (no zebra print knee high boots or anything - -i'm into disco,  not glam metal!) -  but something nice and something PURE 80s!  please post any ideas  (especially images!) here.

THANK YOU!

ps.  snazzy avatar when i get home from work tonight~!

Subject: Re: 80s men's fashions / footwear

Written By: robby76 on 12/20/06 at 9:03 am

No help from me here. I have no idea. I know my brother used to have a pair of awful cowboy boots in the very late 80s - just a generic black pair and another in brown leather. These were bought on the UK high street so they must've been fairly in fashion.

Written By: karen on 12/20/06 at 9:45 am

Amongst my friends guys either wore Doctor Marten's boots, canvas 'karate' shoes or Converse All-Stars.  The last ones are still available new today because my niece wears them

Written By: Criz on 12/20/06 at 1:28 pm

Amongst my friends guys either wore Doctor Marten's boots, canvas 'karate' shoes or Converse All-Stars.  The last ones are still available new today because my niece wears them

I was just about to say - you gotta get your hands on some hi-top cons. They're cool, comfy and they're not too pricy :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/20/06 at 1:39 pm

You could always go for a pair of checkered Vans....didn't Spicoli wear those in the movie, "Fast Times At Ridgemont High?"

http://www.zappos.com/images/V/Vans9/12489-d.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...