inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Just the Ten of Us

Written By: whistledog on 12/23/06 at 12:10 am

Anyone remember the show "Just the Ten of Us"?  It was a spin-off from Growing Pains that focused on Coach Lubbock (played by Bill Kirchenbauer) and his family of daughters (and 1 son)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvA3Qb_KGrA

(The theme song "Doin' it the Best I Can" was sung by Bill Medley)

Subject: Re: Just the Ten of Us

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 12/23/06 at 4:21 am

I loved that show, although sometimes it seemed to get a bit preachy.  The character, Marie was always so straight-laced.  Then they started "jumping the shark" when they had the girls sing in that bar and Marie was acting all slutty.  lol

I wouldn't mind seeing that show again.

Written By: spaceace on 12/23/06 at 4:54 am

I remember that show.  Wow, it has been a long time. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/23/06 at 5:45 pm

Ya, I used to watch that show all the time. :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/23/06 at 5:45 pm

I loved this show!

Written By: whistledog on 04/07/08 at 1:36 pm

If you go to YouTube and search for Just the 10 of Us, you can watch complete episodes (split into parts of course).  What a blast from the past! 8)  I would love this show to come to DVD, but seeing that there is no plans (yet) for a Season 2 'Growing Pains', I guess all hope is lost :\'(

Something interesting:  Heather Langenkamp, who played one of the Lubbock daughters is best known for her role in 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.  In one episode, you can clearly see a poster for said film on her bedroom wall :D

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/08/08 at 1:03 pm

Good show!

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/08/08 at 8:27 pm

I remember this show. I was a little bummed when it got cancelled.  :(

Written By: KKay on 04/08/08 at 9:00 pm

I loved that show, although sometimes it seemed to get a bit preachy.  The character, Marie was always so straight-laced.  Then they started "jumping the shark" when they had the girls sing in that bar and Marie was acting all slutty.  lol

I wouldn't mind seeing that show again.

it was my favorite episode..cuz they sang Born to Be Wild...I remember Marie tossing her hair around.

at the time it was on some really random local channel.  guys loved it for the hot chicks (barely legal!)

Check for new replies or respond here...