inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fox and The Hound

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/27/06 at 7:15 pm

Probally one of the best Disney animated films of the 80's.

I still get the sniffles just watching the ending.

Subject: Re: Fox and The Hound

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 12/27/06 at 7:28 pm

I love The Fox and the Hound... my favorite Disney movie growing up. I haven't seen the sequel yet, but I'm thinking about purchasing it! :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/27/06 at 7:39 pm

I also found the part where Tod, the fox in the movie, ends up back in the forest, so his life would be saved, really sad.

The song used for that scene is really sad too.

Written By: whistledog on 12/27/06 at 7:48 pm

I saw this movie when I was a kid in the very early 80s.  I don't remember much about it, but I remember it was sad

Written By: nupur on 12/28/06 at 2:14 pm

i love this movie to death. i also think the saddest part is when the old woman leaves Tod in the woods where he can't be hunted. i got the sequel as a christmas gift, but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. hopefully it will be good, although it would never be able to match the original movie.

:)

Written By: Suicidal Blonde on 12/29/06 at 12:25 pm

Not one of my favorites. This cartoon bugged the heck out of me, especially when the dog got older and blamed the fox for his masters stupidity.

Written By: dcs84 on 01/02/07 at 4:53 am

I clearly remember watching the Fox and the Hound.  It was during the Cold War I was at school in the Middle East, an American school in Syria.  The school had shown it on an old reel to reel projector.  As soon as it had finished a girl from the school who had just recieved a 'hot off the presses' copy of "The Day After" shuttled me and about five other students (including the girl I had a crush on) to her house to watch 'The Day After".  So in the space of five hours I had gone from the snow white innocence of "The Fox and the Hound", to the bleak, rotting stench of "The Day After".  It was a great day though.

Written By: snozberries on 01/02/07 at 9:23 am

I always preferred the first half of the film when they are young.  I got a little bored with it once they grew up.  My favorite part is the whole "I'm a fox" "I'm a hound dog" exchange. There is something about a young Corey Feldman that always gets to me....

Anyone see the sequel Disney just released on DVD? Is it any good?

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/07/07 at 11:06 am

My favorite part is the whole "I'm a fox" "I'm a hound dog" exchange. There is something about a young Corey Feldman that always gets to me....

Is that who voiced Copper as a pup? Or was he Tod? Not very many famous voices in that one. Of course, it was a pretty small cast. I think my favorite part was Big Mama's song, "Education Or Elimination", and the other birds were pretty funny.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Snoopygirl on 01/08/07 at 7:54 pm

One of my all time favorite Disney movies. I cried with this movie. I just received this for Christmas on DVD. Haven't watched it yet. Get some tissues ready.

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/07 at 1:31 pm

Is that who voiced Copper as a pup? Or was he Tod? Not very many famous voices in that one. Of course, it was a pretty small cast. I think my favorite part was Big Mama's song, "Education Or Elimination", and the other birds were pretty funny.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Corey was young Copper. It was his delivery of "I'm a hound dog" that sold it for me
Keith Coogan (child actor with lots of credits) maybe best known for his role in Adventures in babysitting was young Tod

Adult tod played by Mickey Rooney and Adult coppper was Kurt Russell

Other "names" in the film
Jack Albertson (Chico and the Man)
Pat Butrram (Mr. Haney on Green Acres)
Singer Pearl Bailey
Sandy Duncan
voice over actor/ventriloquist Paul Winchell
and John Fiedler who is now know as Piglet but has about 166 credits listed on IMDB.com  I choose to remember him as Gilbert the Angel who met Vickie when she "died" from an aneurysm on One Life to Live circa 1987.     :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...