inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: College Movies

Written By: gudutruck on 01/02/07 at 7:30 pm

Hey guy's do you remember those fantastic college movies of the 80's

Well I want to refresh my memory if anyone can lend their brains my memory needs an update.

I am especially interested in a movie where these two guys have to drive from east coast to west coast to deliver a car for a car dealer and all hell breaks loose on the way. I remember a scene where this guys is at a dinner with the girls family and he is pushing a baby carrot in and out of the rib cage of a whole roasted chicken singing "My girl wants to party all the time". If you remember the name and other such movies I will be much obliged.  ;D :D :P

Subject: Re: College Movies

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/07 at 10:26 pm

Clarify "College" movies.

A few different kinds come to mind:

Revenge of the Nerds
Gotcha!
Risky Business
Oxford Blues
Repo Man

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/07 at 12:48 am

Real Genuis is another one as well.

And may I add, a pretty good film as well.

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/07 at 12:58 am

Real Genuis is another one as well.

And may I add, a pretty good film as well.

Excellent choice Mr. James.  That was one of (if not THE) best College movie of the 80s 8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/04/07 at 1:13 am

Your welcome!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/04/07 at 2:10 am

"Night of the Creeps."  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 01/04/07 at 2:12 am

"Night of the Creeps."  ;D ;D ;D

Starring the world famous super actor Jason Lively (aka what the hell ever happened to him?) ;D

Written By: gudutruck on 01/04/07 at 8:08 pm

Sorry I got busy for a while College movies is like Revenge of the Nerds Bachelor Party etc etc etc

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/04/07 at 8:14 pm

Animal House
Private School

are the spring break movies quailified?

if they are ok, then Spring Break & Hardbodies

Subject: h

Written By: tetratron on 01/05/07 at 9:27 am

:-X

Written By: KKay on 01/05/07 at 9:31 am

Hey guy's do you remember those fantastic college movies of the 80's

Well I want to refresh my memory if anyone can lend their brains my memory needs an update.

I am especially interested in a movie where these two guys have to drive from east coast to west coast to deliver a car for a car dealer and all hell breaks loose on the way. I remember a scene where this guys is at a dinner with the girls family and he is pushing a baby carrot in and out of the rib cage of a whole roasted chicken singing "My girl wants to party all the time". If you remember the name and other such movies I will be much obliged.  ;D :D :P

Ugggh! I remember that!
so funny. I will have to think about it.

Written By: gudutruck on 01/05/07 at 7:47 pm

Now let me remind you what I was looking for.

Name of the movie:

I am especially interested in a movie where these two guys have to drive from east coast to west coast to deliver a car for a car dealer and all hell breaks loose on the way. I remember a scene where this guys is at a dinner with the girls family and he is pushing a baby carrot in and out of the rib cage of a whole roasted chicken singing "My girl wants to party all the time". If you remember the name and other such movies I will be much obliged.

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/08/07 at 6:43 pm

Also liked "Moving Violations" with two semi famous actors I can't place at the moment.

Hey tron, I think the two actresses you're thinking of are Jennifer Tilly(who later hit it big with Bullets Over Broadway) and the dear departed Wendie Jo Sperber(Marty's sister in Back To The Future). I haven't seen it, but it sounds funny enough for a rental!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: whistledog on 01/08/07 at 8:40 pm

Animal House
Private School

ah Spring Break movies yes ..

The best was "Private Resort" (1985) with then unknowns Rob Morrow and Johnny Depp.  I loved it!

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/07 at 1:43 pm

Animal House
Private School

and where the boys are '84

Written By: snozberries on 01/09/07 at 1:53 pm

Now let me remind you what I was looking for.

Name of the movie:

I am especially interested in a movie where these two guys have to drive from east coast to west coast to deliver a car for a car dealer and all hell breaks loose on the way. I remember a scene where this guys is at a dinner with the girls family and he is pushing a baby carrot in and out of the rib cage of a whole roasted chicken singing "My girl wants to party all the time". If you remember the name and other such movies I will be much obliged.

I've seen the movie you're talking about but I can't remember who was in it. I thought the Coreys or Anthony Michael hall but couldn't find match. So far the only two films that come to mind are The Freshman with Matthew Broderick (frank Whaley played his roommate but I don't remember if he took the trip too....)  and Run with Patrick Dempsey but he travelled alone until he hooked up with Kelly Preston...

Written By: malibumike65 on 01/10/07 at 4:16 am

Being a big Rodney Dangerfield fan, it's gotta be Back To School

Written By: KKay on 01/10/07 at 8:21 am

Van Wilder was good. Too bad they could not run on the Ryan Reynolds franchse while he was younger.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/10/07 at 8:52 pm

Back To School is a funny movie.

Check for new replies or respond here...